hi i was thinking of building a PC, with no previous experience i m looking forward for some advice on the selections i made for the components
First of all the main purpose of it is Video Editing/encoding/converting/ripping. Generally i use h264 Codecs for encoding.......
Here are the parts i have selected. Let me Know if there is any compatibility issues or something that should be changed for higher performance.....
1) Zalman MS1000-H1 Profesional Quiet Computer Case (i m not going for looks but reliability)
2) Intel Core i7-970 ( i did came across some benchmarks comparing this to i7 2600k with that being on top for h264 conversion, but with this being 6 cores it must be better i believe, let me know)
3) Asus Sabertooth X58 Motherboard - LGA 1366, Intel X58,
SLI Ready, CrossFireX Ready, Triple Channel DDR3
support, SATA 6GB/s, USB 3.0
4) Kingston HyperX 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
5) Radeon HD 6970 (2GB)
6) Corsair HX Series CMPSU-1000HX 1000W ATX12V 2.2 / EPS12V 2.91
SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Modular Active
PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply
7) Crucial RealSSD C300 CTFDDAC128MAG-1G1 2.5" 128GB SATA III
MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) ( i don't need much space since i clear up the hard drives and keep everything on external drives, would ssd investment really help in for performance of video conversions..........?_
8) i m still confused with the cooling, i surely will need a cpu cooler but cant really decide on that.... a little help on that would be appreciated..........another thing i saw some custom cooling installation on graphic cards...is that really necessary?? the fan on graphic card itself wouldn't be enough??
if i missed out on any part please let me know