Building a new PC, Need a little help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
b1gapl said:
Technically the 7950GX2 is two cards put together, but it is probably the best. I think the best SINGLE card is the X1950XTX, which is not out yet.

Thanks, I guess if I get any extra money, I'll get the 7950GX2 because according to This thread, it is better than the X1950XTX.

I beleive that the 7950GX2, even though it has 2 GPU's, still qualifys as one single card because it only requires 1 PCIe slot, and it doesn't require an SLI capable motherboard.

Do I need a heat spreader for my RAM? I noticed that alot of sticks came with it and I wanted to know if it was manditory because I may do a little oveclocking.

Sorry to ask yet another question, but I need to know: When a graphics card requires a power supply that rates 30 on the 12v rail, is it possible to use a PSU that has two 12v rails, both rating at 20?

I need to know because I am thinking about getting the X1900XTX, and my PSU meets tha wattage requirements, but it only has 20 on each of its rails. As a matter of fact, no PSU I looked at on newegg rated that high on the 12v rail...

Also, it said that it assumes a fully loaded system, but mine is far from that. It will only have at most 2 optical drives, and one hard drive, and possibly a FDD.

Please help me, I need these questions answered because I don't want to spend that much money on this build only to get everything home and have it not work because I didn't know any better...

I really hate to bump my own threads guys, but nothing is getting done unless I do (usually doesn't get done anyway lol)...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom