Building a new PC, Need a little help! - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2006, 08:23 PM   #11 (permalink)
True Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by b1gapl
Technically the 7950GX2 is two cards put together, but it is probably the best. I think the best SINGLE card is the X1950XTX, which is not out yet.
Thanks, I guess if I get any extra money, I'll get the 7950GX2 because according to This thread, it is better than the X1950XTX.

I beleive that the 7950GX2, even though it has 2 GPU's, still qualifys as one single card because it only requires 1 PCIe slot, and it doesn't require an SLI capable motherboard.

Do I need a heat spreader for my RAM? I noticed that alot of sticks came with it and I wanted to know if it was manditory because I may do a little oveclocking.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e1...rMessage-1.png

Here\'s a quote I saw once on a /b/ forum a while back, I think it\'s funny:

I\'ve been thinking of \"Heck\" lately. If it even exists, it\'s got to be a much nicer place than \"Heaven\". I mean... all the gay men are down there. You KNOW it\'s well decorated.

Note that I do not in any way condone homophobia or am in any way homophobic. I merely thought that it was clever.
Old 08-25-2006, 02:32 AM   #12 (permalink)
True Techie

Sorry to ask yet another question, but I need to know: When a graphics card requires a power supply that rates 30 on the 12v rail, is it possible to use a PSU that has two 12v rails, both rating at 20?

I need to know because I am thinking about getting the X1900XTX, and my PSU meets tha wattage requirements, but it only has 20 on each of its rails. As a matter of fact, no PSU I looked at on newegg rated that high on the 12v rail...

Also, it said that it assumes a fully loaded system, but mine is far from that. It will only have at most 2 optical drives, and one hard drive, and possibly a FDD.

Please help me, I need these questions answered because I don't want to spend that much money on this build only to get everything home and have it not work because I didn't know any better...

I really hate to bump my own threads guys, but nothing is getting done unless I do (usually doesn't get done anyway lol)...

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e1...rMessage-1.png

Here\'s a quote I saw once on a /b/ forum a while back, I think it\'s funny:

I\'ve been thinking of \"Heck\" lately. If it even exists, it\'s got to be a much nicer place than \"Heaven\". I mean... all the gay men are down there. You KNOW it\'s well decorated.

Note that I do not in any way condone homophobia or am in any way homophobic. I merely thought that it was clever.
Closed Thread