Building a new pc finally!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so my old pc blew up. short and simple. lmao, everything fried except my hard drive, ram, and video card, so im rebuilding the whole thing minus the case.

I'd kinda like to keep it cheap and AMD based, i just dont know what to get really.

All I need is a motherboard and processor, (possibly) a heatsink (if the cpu i get runs really hot, i have the Scythe Ninja), and power supply. The board needs to have optical SPDIF out, SATA, 2 X16 (i dont care if its sli or not, i have a 9800GT and a 7300LE, that run a multimon setup), and can take ddr2-800. everything else is handled.

Anyways, this is what im looking at currently:

Motherboard:
Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P AM3/AM2+/AM2 AMD 790X ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards

CPU:
Newegg.com - AMD Athlon 64 X2 7750 Kuma 2.7GHz 2 x 512KB L2 Cache 2MB L3 Cache Socket AM2+ 95W Dual-Core black edition Processor - Processors - Desktops

PSU:
(i need help with this one, my thermaltake blew up on my last build)

Monitor: (trying to keep sub 200 for a high quality 22" or higher)
Newegg.com - Hanns·G Hi-221DPB Black 22" 5ms Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 1000:1 Built in Speakers - LCD Monitors
or
Newegg.com - Acer V223wbmd Black 22" 5ms Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 2500:1 Built in Speakers - LCD Monitors

I got kinda out of the pc scene for a while, still trying to catch back up. This is a budget build, 100 is my cap on a mobo, same with cpu, psu id like to keep under 60, and monitor id like to keep under 200. If you can find any better deals then let me know! I'd like power, this pc is probably going to have these same parts in it 5 years down the road so it needs to last and still be a workhorse in the future, help!

Parts i currently have are in my sig for reference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom