Building a new PC

TeModen

Beta member
Greetings!

So, not so recently a new WoW expansion was announced, and, after I saw new system requirements, I realized, that I haven't updated my PC in a while. Basically, my current setup looks like this:

Inted Core 2 Duo E8500 3,16GHz

Radeon HD 6750

3*2Gb (6Gb in totall) DDR3 RAM

460W PSU

1920x1080 Screen

I plan on keeping the case, PSU and 2 HDD harddrives (750Gb in total) and changing everything else.
My goal is to build a PC for as cheap as possible, but it has to be able to run all(most?) recent games (like witcher 3 or WoW:BFA) at least on low settings. After reading through a few articles dedicated to PC components comparison I made a list of components(and alternatives) that i'm looking forward to buy:

CPU:
Mainly I aim at AMD FX-6300 cos it seems to be quiet good for it's price. (80$)

GPU:
Sapphire Radeon RX 560 Pulse OC 4Gb (200$)
Or
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Gaming 4Gb (250$)
I know that Ti is better, but i'm not sure if it's as better as more expensive, and, i'm not sure, but i assume that Radeon GPU will work better(???) with AMD CPU?

Motherboard:
Asus M5A78L-M LE - for AMD CPU (65$)
Is has 2 DDR3 slots so i will have to buy new 2x4GB DDR3 RAM planks (95$)

Summs up to around 450$ for amd+amd+motherboard+ram
Those prices in the brackets are prices that I have here, in Ukraine
Would be glad to hear any advice or suggestion. Would be glad to hear about near-same-price alternative components that may work better in games.
150$ price increase in totall for components is managable, but only if it really will bring my new PC to the new stage of evolution.

P.S. sorry for my english, i'm not a native speaker (like is a valid excuse)

Last edited:
I would pass on the 6300 as it is now a dead socket. Spend a little more and go with a Ryzen 3 or 5, or a new gen Core i3. DDR4 is about the same price as DDR3 right now anyway. At least you will have something new and definitely faster so you will get more mileage out of it.

Ryzen was in my list as well, but it's a lot more expensive and, at least here, is almost always out af stock. May be an option tho, thanks:)

The 1050ti would be worth it over the 560. Even for the Ukraine it's not a very good time to update your PC with current pricing conditions and all. 8GB of RAM is also pretty bare minimum these days. The FX6300 would be a good step up from the C2D but it won't leave much room for longevity later.

oh my god, this forum is ****ed... i'm sorry, but it just messed everything. I was writing a reply for 15 minutes, somewhere in the process it logged me out so when i clicked on "Post quick reply" it just redirected me to the login page.

Whatever. Finally i got my hands on this again.
Sorry for taking your time once more.
After reading your advices and a small research i've came to the conclusion that Ryzen 3 2200G and 1050Ti would be a lot better options, yet I have several question again.
First of all, i discovered that there's a ton of different 1050Ti GPUs (Gygabite (OC/gaming)/ASUS(dual/strix), ect.) and some of them cost a lot more than the others, so i wonder, if we forget about extra fans and existance of 6-pin, is there really much of a difference between them? Should i pay 30$ extra for GAMING adjective?

Edit:I was thinking about choosing 1050Ti with the lowest price but without 6-pin (even tho i have a 6-pin connected to my 6750HD, GPUs with 6-pin seem to cost 10$ more) and with 2 fans
For example Zotac GeForce 1050Ti OC (250$)
or even Zotac GeForce 1050Ti mini (230$) but with 1 fan

New components:

Ryzen 3 2200 (120$)

GeForce GTX 1050Ti (290$-ish. gygabite gaming, the most expensive one, for the highest price estimation)

DDR4 8Gbx1 + 4Gbx2 (not sure about 12Gb in totall, i was hoping on 8) (160$)

Asus Prime A320M-K (sAM4, AMD A320, PCI-Ex16) (70$)

640 in totall, damn, that's a lot more than i expected.
Also, you said that it's not the best time to update my PC, but can you tell me when approximately "good" times will come? Cos BfA release is scheduled on the end of the summer, and i really don't want to miss it.
Thanks for your attention again, have a nice day:)

Last edited:
Go for a 2x4GB set of RAM instead of the 8GB+4GB setup so they can run in dual channel. You can always add more on down the road.

If you are going with the Ryzen 3 2200G (which has Radeon Vega 8 graphics built into it) do you really have to buy a graphics card right now? Prices are beginning to finally drop slowly for graphics cards but they are still overpriced. If you can run with the Vega graphics for a bit you can wait until the new generation of cards come out and get a better deal on a current gen card. Or have you looked at the 900 series cards? A GTX970 would fit the bill as well as, if not better than, the 1050Ti but would need more PSU wattage.

According to coolermaster calculator i need around 350+W to run this setup, but i have 500W PSU, so a few dozens of extra Watts is not a problem, but i want my GPU to last quiet a bit.
Vega 8 might work, but there are few "but"s

I'm not sure about gaming on vega 8. I've made a few comparison tests via few different websites, and, according to them, vega 8 is better almost in all aspects, but i'm not sure if i can use it reliably for games that i have atm for the obvious reasons.
If i'm overthinking and there is no actual problem with vega being built in GPU, then i will buy motherboard, CPU and RAM now and GPU later for sure.

Hit up Youtube for demonstrations of gaming running on just the new Ryzen CPUs. They are pretty good.

According to coolermaster calculator i need around 350+W to run this setup, but i have 500W PSU, so a few dozens of extra Watts is not a problem, but i want my GPU to last quiet a bit.
Vega 8 might work, but there are few "but"s

I'm not sure about gaming on vega 8. I've made a few comparison tests via few different websites, and, according to them, vega 8 is better almost in all aspects, but i'm not sure if i can use it reliably for games that i have atm for the obvious reasons.
If i'm overthinking and there is no actual problem with vega being built in GPU, then i will buy motherboard, CPU and RAM now and GPU later for sure.
The calculator is an estimation based on a PSU that can output continuous watts vs peak wattage. You did not list the brand of your PSU in the OP so we're left to assumptions and guessing there.

The Vega 8 is not going to be better than a 1050ti, his suggestion was to use the built in graphics temporarily until GPU prices fall a bit more. Every GPU in existence is severely overpriced because of Bitcoin mining but they're all still slowly falling back down.
I'm not sure why you wouldn't be able to use it reliably, it works fine. As he said, hit up some Youtube videos for a demonstration. Jayz2cents has a good video on Ryzen 2200G.

What a piece of miracle is this? Ryzen 3 2200G just keeps on givin. It costs lower than my current CPU+GPU combined yet it's a lot better than both of them together.

The Vega 8 is not going to be better than a 1050ti, his suggestion was to use the built in graphics temporarily until GPU prices fall a bit more.
Yeah, i know, that's what i plan to do in near future. Buy motherboard+CPU+RAM, since new built-in GPU is better than my current GPU, i will leave this slot for now and wait for GPU prices to fall. Not sure how long my patience will allow me to wait tho.
This forum thread helped me a lot, thanks for all contributors, you are the best, guys.

Back
Top Bottom