Building a new pc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MARKPUDZ

Beta member
Ok I've decided to buy a new pc and built it myself again as its been a while since I've had a new one. However, I want to make sure I have the right bits as its a fair bit of cash I'm parting with.

I'll be playing games like Crysis, Battlefield 2 and Bioshock so I want something that can run those smooooothly.

Do you guys think this'll do the job?

I can also get the Intel Quad Core Q6600 2.4GHz S775 instead of this Core2Duo but I've seen some performance ratings and its shown quads better for things like 3d design whereas C2D is better for gaming.

The graph is here: AnandTech: Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6850 and Massive Price Cuts

pc.JPG

Many Thanks.

Any changes you make please look for replacements on dabs.com - PC Hardware, Components, Software, Digital Cameras, MP3 Players so I can get the replacements with my order.

Cool thanks I've changed alot of things, only problem I have is the CPU, the C2D can be over clocked more than the quad, right? :eek: by more I mean, a maximum equaling more due to its start speed. And that post sayings games are better played on a dual than a quad. What to do!

Yeah I had this same debate myself but finally settled on the Q because of the simple fact that the future games will be written to take advantage of 4 cores *cough* Crysis **cough....
It's up to you and what your intentions are. Mine was future proofing with upcoming games as my focus.

agreed the Core 2 duo's can do better in current games where as the quad can do better in future games that use 4 cores

I'll say this, i had an e6600 and traded up to a q6600 and i was able to tell a difference. But i also usually have 3-4 other programs running in the background while gaming. Ventrilo, trillian, browsers, sometimes listening to online music, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom