Building new gaming pc with i7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the replies. That asus monitor looks pretty good but i think ill also be looking at samsung and benq. There is way too many models out there, giving me a headache trying to research them.

I don't think im going to stick with my old p160 as its going to be pretty cramped with the 260 if it would even fit in there. Ive been recommended the antec 1200, CM HAF 932, and CM Cosmos 1000 but only semi like the style of the Cosmos 1000. Im looking for a sleak full tower that has some flare to it but still cools well and is quiet. Probably not possible to meet all that criteria though.

i love my acer P244w monitor. 1900x1080 resolution 24 inches and a 150 dollars cheaper than the samsung. I put the money in the savings for a 46 or 52 inch samsung lcd.

p.s. get an aftermarket cooler for the 920, don't even use the stock intel one its garbage.

the Asus monitors are frigging beautiful and they compete will the cheapest selling monitors in their classes (20", 22",24" etc) also, the extra headroom of 700-750 w is definitely worth the few extra dollars in case you ever decide to SLI you won't have to but a completely new PSU

i love my acer P244w monitor. 1900x1080 resolution 24 inches and a 150 dollars cheaper than the samsung. I put the money in the savings for a 46 or 52 inch samsung lcd.

p.s. get an aftermarket cooler for the 920, don't even use the stock intel one its garbage.

What aftermarket cooler for the 920 would you recommend?

the Asus monitors are frigging beautiful and they compete will the cheapest selling monitors in their classes (20", 22",24" etc) also, the extra headroom of 700-750 w is definitely worth the few extra dollars in case you ever decide to SLI you won't have to but a completely new PSU

Yea i will stick with the 750w psu as i do plan to sli down the road.

I would NOT get the evga motherboard, gigabyte are alot more trust worthy when it comes to motherboards and evga never used high quality electrical components on their boards like the 680i and 780i which had easily overheating r50 chips which made a annoying piercing sound.

I would NOT get the evga motherboard, gigabyte are alot more trust worthy when it comes to motherboards and evga never used high quality electrical components on their boards like the 680i and 780i which had easily overheating r50 chips which made a annoying piercing sound.

Actually on several forums I have heard the opposite now and the gigabytes can make an annoying high pitched noise but haven't heard any complaints over the evga.

I've never been much of an evga fan in the first place, but that would add to the biased view, I have heard about evga's boards making noises but never an across such about the gigabyte boards, if you could find a link sometime I'd like to find out about that

Of course the 6xxi and 7xxi series have had issues to begin with

You should get the Asus p6t board. I have its big brother, top notch quality. A lot of the benchmarks have been run on the p6t board and every reviewer loves the board.

Newegg.com - ASUS P6T Deluxe LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

i have this one.
Newegg.com - Vigor Monsoon III LT Dual 120mm Fan CPU Cooler Socket 1366 Ready - CPU Fans & Heatsinks
it dropped my stock temps almost 15c. I have my 920 overclocked to 3.8 running 33-37 core temp. The stock intel cooler keeps the 920 around 41-46c at stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom