Building a New Gaming Pc

KDS997

Solid State Member
So im going to be buying a new gaming pc and the components i have selected are a

Case - Gigabyte GZ-G2
PSU - G7 Extreme Modular ATX PSU
CPU Motherboard-QUAD CORE AMD FX 4170 4.2GHz
Hard drive-Seagate 1TB SATA3 Hard Drive
Graphics card -VTX3D AMD Radeon HD 7870 Graphics Card

Just too double check is everything compatible there and will i have any issues with anything and anything i could add to the build to make it better?

So im going to be buying a new gaming pc and the components i have selected are a

Case - Gigabyte GZ-G2
Graphics card -VTX3D AMD Radeon HD 7870 Graphics Card

Just too double check is everything compatible there and will i have any issues with anything and anything i could add to the build to make it better?

So i got two builds im thinking about getting this is one just check it over please and tell me if there is going to be any problems when im building this pc and are all the parts compatible?

Case - Aerocool X-Predator Evil Full Tower
Graphics Card- EVGA GeForce GTX 650

Thanks

Ok you should have listed both in a single thread. Mods will probably shut one of these down so I quoted the second and put it here to reply all in one.

I'm going to assume these builds are for gaming? I will make recommendations based on that assumption.

To the first rig quoted:
Cheap case, will easily get the job done. No worries here.
PSU: Crap. This PSU is a much better quality unit for the same price. You also don't need "850" watts for either build.
Corsair Enthusiast TX V2 650W CP-9020038-UK Power Supply (PSU) - Scan.co.uk
You don't have a motherboard listed, but I'm going to say no anyways to the FX CPU.
HDD: Fine
GPU: Good.

To the second rig quoted:
Case: Overly expensive and big. You would be better off getting better PC parts than invest in such an over priced case.
PSU: Same as before
CPU/Motherboard: Same as before
HDD: Same as before
GPU: Much weaker than the 7870 and not a very good gaming card.

Sorry the cpu comes in a bundle the motherboard is a
ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 Motherboard

and yes you are correct the rig is built for gaming i've took you advice on the psu thanks for your time! :D

Depending on your budget you would be better off getting an i3 3220, a B75 1155 board, and make sure your GPU is in the same area as that 7870. So that, or a 660ti or 7950.

Don't forget you need RAM.
8GB 1600MHz DDR3 will be fine. Doesn't matter really what brand or timings, but make sure it's 2x4GB.

Unless you're getting the board/CPU bundle on a super deal. Care to link so I can compare?

Back
Top Bottom