Building new game machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

MysticRose

In Runtime
Hi guys,

I intend to build my next desktop gaming machine and have saved up a bit the budget is 600 GBPs and i will use it to play some ffs and Aion _ a MMORPG .

I have a spare OCZ Gold edition Triple channel ( 3 x 2GB , 9-9-9 ) already thus i will want to use this one.

My first idea is :

Asus Rampage II Gene Intel X58 (Socket 1366) PCI-Express mATX DDR3 Motherboard - 174
Intel Core i7 920 D0 Stepping (SLBEJ) 2.66Ghz (Nehalem) (Socket LGA1366) - OEM -203
Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 5850 1024MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card -229
OCZ StealthXStream 600w Ready Power Supply - 59
Seagate Barracuda LP 2TB SATA-II 32MB Cache

one little note is I'm in UK so things will be slightly more expensive when compared with US websites :((

Looks ok, Are you at all interested in overclocking?

If you are I suggest buying an aftermarket heat sink.

What website are you ordering from?

Thx for the super - quick reply

I am buying from overclokers.co.uk and the number besides the items are the price quoted on that site in GBP of coz.

If the build looks ok for the technical part then i 'll try to squeeze out some extra for the heatsink but it's looking like i'm going over budget atm

another question for the tech savvy guys : if i change to core i5 system will my RAM operate ? ( so that i can lower the cost a bit )
and will the ATI 5850 be the bottle neck in the system ? i 've got 1 advice saying so and was thinking of changing to core i5 then spend a bit more on the GPA

I don't think there would be a bottle neck with the i5, but you can always overclock the CPU if there was.

Whats the speed of the memory you have?
RAM will work in any motherboard so long as the memory is the same type as the motherboard supports.

If the memory is low speed all you need to know to overclock is that you may have to loosen the RAM timings and increase voltage to get higher speeds or change the RAM to QPI ratio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom