building new computer (new to this)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dubol

Beta member
Hi everybody, I am a new to this forum and I've read a couple of posts on here. This will be my first computer build, hopefully not my last. My budget is a maximum of $2000 CAD, it will be nice to go lower for parts that do equal the work so any recommendations/opinions/thoughts are more than welcome. This computer will be used for gaming:

Hard drive
Newegg.ca- Western Digital Caviar Black WD1001FALS 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive

Monitor

newegg.ca- ASUS VH226H Black 21.5" 2ms(GTG) HDMI Widescreen 16:9 Full HD 1080P LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 1000:1 (ASCR 12000 : 1) Built in Speakers

GPU

newegg.ca- HIS Hightech H485QT512P Radeon HD 4850 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported IceQ4 Turbo Video Card

PSU

newegg.ca- CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply

ram

newegg.ca- OCZ Reaper HPC Edition 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory

motherboard

newegg.ca- ASUS Maximus II Formula LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard

processor

newegg.ca- Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor

case

newegg.ca- LIAN LI PC-B25B Black Aluminum ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

OS I was thinking of windows vista home premium 64 bit

I got this case as a gift, so I won't count it towards my budget.

The grand total on this stuff came out to be $1,600.34 according to newegg.ca, I might get some stuff from a local memory express store where i might be able to get cheaper parts but so far, my comparisons from the two have placed newegg at a cheaper price. I haven't compared everything yet though.

So let me know what your knowledgable brains think about this build, and whether this build will work or not. If I've missed anything, let me know (if I broke the rules I apologize in advance this is my first post and computer build)

These are not compatible.. firstly Nehalem only works with X58 and DDR3

You picked out a DDR2 kit and a P45.. whcih would work with a Core 2 Duo/Quad..

Windows Home Premium 64bit is a Operating System not a Processor, and its a good choice since you want a lot of RAM.. maybe get an HD 4870 or HD 4870 1gb because you have a 1080p monitor

As mentioned, there are some compatibility issues...also, if you're looking to save some $$$, go to shopbot.ca and enter your final build item by item, then buy at ncix.com, they have a price match guarantee. Had that been your build there you just posted you could have shaved atleast $100 off the final price.

Oops, wrote the wrong thing about the OS. Ok, so the processor will not be compatible with this build, will the mother board work with the processor? Where do I find this out? And also, does the ram you mentioned work with the mother board?

It's good I posted this here. I am learning a lot from your posts

Ok thank you for your input, I will continue browsing this forum for information and researching about the parts I want to get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom