Building a new computer, advise needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neodr31

Baseband Member
Alright guys, time for the anual computer upgrade! I've been shopping around and i think i've found something i am willing to spend my money on. Was wondering if you guys here who know more about this than me could review the components i've selected and tell me if there are gonna be any major compatability problems. Here are the links too the parts.

Case. - Akasa AK-ZEN-01-WH Zen White Case - No PSU

Hard Drive -http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=HD-022-HI

PSU - Hiper 630w HPU-4M630 SLi Certified PSU

CPU - Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 "LGA775 Conroe" 2.66GHz (1333FSB) - Retail

RAM - OcUK 2GB (2x1GB) PC2-6400C5 800MHz DDR2 Dual Channel Kit

Graphics card - OcUK GeForce 8800 GTX 768MB GDDR3 HDTV/Dual DVI (PCI-Express) - OEM

DvD RW - Pioneer DVR-115DBK 20x DVD±RW IDE Dual Layer ReWriter (Black) - OEM

Motherboard - MSI P35 Neo2-FR Intel P35 (Socket 775) PCI-Express DDR2 Motherboard

Also a copy of Vista Home 32bit. Any major problems do you think guys?

u put the Vid card twice... but it looks good except for the RAM... if you are gonna overclock that RAM is gonna crap on you.... also you can get a q6600 for real cheap...

u put the Vid card twice... but it looks good except for the RAM... if you are gonna overclock that RAM is gonna crap on you.... also you can get a q6600 for real cheap...

Ah cheers, fixed the bad link. I dont plan on overclocking, but i do plan on getting better RAM at a later date, just dont have the money at the moment but my old computer is dying on me.

Might take a look at the q6600

budget?

looks fine, but it looks like a regular old every day comp, not gaming but its your choice, it fits the GTX so it should work

Hard Drive -http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=HD-022-HI
Hitachi makes alright drives, but get this its faster and more reliable and has a longer warranty
Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 250GB SATA-II 16MB Cache - OEM (ST3250410AS)

good but i would spend 5 euros to get this, a more efficiant psu
PC Power & Cooling Silencer 610 EPS12V 610W Power Supply

good proc, but a much better option would be a q6600, but its your money and the q6600 costs about 40% more
:edit: i realized your trying to save money, stick with the 6750 its a great proc

as vernon said, not good for overclocking
Corsair 2GB DDR2 XMS2-6400C4 TwinX (2x1GB)
get these, crucial ballistix are spendy on that site but corsair is still great

Graphics card - OcUK GeForce 8800 GTX 768MB GDDR3 HDTV/Dual DVI (PCI-Express) - OEM
im sorry but i'm unsure about this, would a G92 8800gts be faster than a GTX?
link: Gainward BLISS GeForce 8800 GTS 512MB GDDR3 HDTV/Dual DVI (PCI-Express) - Retail (4718462008996)

fine

i've never heard of that board, i would go with one trusted at TF
Abit IP35 (Socket 775) PCI-Express DDR2 Motherboard

Also a copy of Vista Home 32bit. Any major problems do you think guys?
go 64-bit if your thinking about going 4gb of RAM in the future if not 32-bit is fine

Ah cheers, fixed the bad link. I dont plan on overclocking, but i do plan on getting better RAM at a later date, just dont have the money at the moment but my old computer is dying on me.

Might take a look at the q6600
if your overbudget get an 8800gt its almost as good as a GTX for almost half the price

Alright so i should get the 64bit version? I was planning on getting 4GB, 4 x 1GB. I have decided on the quad core with the reccomended motherboard but will probobly stick with the Hiper PSU as i've had Hiper in my last comp and found them to be very reliable.

Anything else guys?

yeah i like the hiper. it was my 2nd choice ^^ you'll be pleased with the Q6600 i'll guarentee that XD
Also I wouldn't be as afraid of vista as most people go on about. I've been running vista for months with nearly 0 problems ^^. Gonna be a real nice upgrade.
I second the seagate HD over the hitachi but thats up to you ^^

yeah i like the hiper. it was my 2nd choice ^^ you'll be pleased with the Q6600 i'll guarentee that XD
Also I wouldn't be as afraid of vista as most people go on about. I've been running vista for months with nearly 0 problems ^^. Gonna be a real nice upgrade.
I second the seagate HD over the hitachi but thats up to you ^^

Well i already have a hard drive ready, gonna have one with XP installed and this one with Vista installed so i can have the best of both worlds really. Use Vista mainly then go onto XP whenever i need.

I will be playing games with this mostly, and watching DvD's. Gonna get a nice 24 inch widescreen and already got some good speakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom