Building new computer

It isn't their GPUs man, it is the software. Drivers. I have owned several AMD cards and still have one in use with the latest 13 series drivers. Ask Sean W. or anybody else on here that swapped camps. Compatibility and stability is far superior on Nvidia drivers.

To the OP, sorry if our posts seem a bit off. It appears you were posting but they weren't being moderated so we didn't see replies. If all he plays is Age of Conan then that is an old game. You can get an i3 and something like a 7770 or 650ti. You would be better off getting an SSD for him so everything is much smoother and quicker in general.

Haha yeah that's my Fault. I should learn to not question Mguire's knowledge :p. Sorry For The unnecessary and unhelpful posts between us.

It's like what Mguire said about AMD GPU's. Think of it like This, you have a Ferrari and a Ferrari Kit-Kar. The OCZ being The Kit-Kar. Although The Kit-Kar does The same Job as The Ferrari it's obviously worse and not The same. If you know what I mean? OCZ SSD's are unreliable and are Just bad. Intel 330 SSD's are a little expensive but They're both good and reliable. I would recommend a Corsair Force GT Series SSD if They're any cheaper, but my guess is They're not.

I don't really know what you mean't when you said That NVIDIA GPU's have an issue with Age Of Conan but, whatever The issue is I assure you it's not NVIDIA/GeForce GPU's. And like Mguire said, IF you're Friend won't be playing games like Battlefield, Call of Duty, Halo etc. Then you really don't need a high end GPU. A standard 2GB GTX 650Ti will probably even be more Than you/your Friend will need.

Drop The Red WD HDD and go with a Seagate Barracuda one.
You also say That it's a lot of cash and you could put The money into better components. Besides The CPU and Motherboard etc The PSU is practically The heart of a computer. You can have The best components in The world but you'll be doing nothing with a bad Power Supply.

Last edited:
It's not that OCZ has "bad" or completely unreliable drives. It's a 50/50 gamble with them whether you get a lemon or not. PLus, their financial situation is still in the air. I can't sit here and tell somebody to buy something with a 3 year warranty when in 2 years OCZ could possibly be bankrupt or something. That's my deal with them. Vertex 4 drives are actually rather decent but I tend to look past my nose with recommendations.

Back
Top Bottom