Building new computer, $1000 budget

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woah! Have to step in here, the 128-bit memory interface heavily lower performance, no matter how high those clocks are. And nowadays, a 7950GT isn't too much to speak of :p

yes... but gives a crap about the 128bit bus... for $100 thats really good overclock.... read this... Maroon showed it to me... and he's usually right about pretty much everything... so he's a trustable source... and this is at overclock.net #1 overclocker's forum out there...

Overclock.net - Overclocking.net - View Single Post - 8600 Vs 7900

I have another question, this build will be able to use Ubuntu right, cuz I was talking to someone saying Linux has specific hardware compatibilities and not all hardware will work..just wanting to make sure as I will be using that for basically everything except playing games.

Yes, it will be able to run Ubuntu. You're dual-booting, right? Keep in mind that for every driver you install on the windows partition, you will also need to install on the ubuntu partition, and probably a specially coded binary version. I know that nvidia has binary drivers available for their video cards, you should be fine.

Also if you're getting Ubuntu, be sure to get the latest version, "Feisty Fawn" aka 7.04, and be sure to download the Beryl desktop manager it has very good graphical desktop effects... better than those on a Mac even.

it can run Ubuntu... but not sure if you can get all the drivers... what i recommend is go with Virtual Machine, and like install Windows.. and it runs Ubuntu in Windows.

Alright thanks guys I will be purchasing this in a couple of days when the 8800gt comes out, one more question (bear with me lol) would I need any extra fans to keep it cool or no?

yes.. the SLACR means its g0 and ClubIT always has g0 instead of b3 since July 22nd

Hello again, thank you guys for all the advice. But I still have a couple of questions. Whats a Yorkfield? Is evga card not as good as the one you recommended? Whats a Nehalem? Sorry if i seem like a complete noob. =]

hahahaha this is super funny lol, sorry man but that just cracks me up.

you got a ghreat rig set up there, make sure to oc, and post up benchies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom