Building a new AMD PC - Need Advice

cyberfic

Beta member
Purpose - Home/Home-Office, Media Editing, Net Surfing, (also Speech Recognition, maybe later) etc
OS - Ubuntu 12.04

Shortlisted the following configuration:

Sempron 145 AM3 2.8GHz (USD 42 approx) {intend to put a faster processor later - i suppose this would suffice for now}

Asus M5A88-V EVO (USD 160 approx)

LG WH10LS30 (USD 120 approx) - {intend to buy later as currently have an LG GH22NP20}

WD Caviar Blue WD5000AAKX (USD 67 approx) -{intend to buy later as currently have an Seagate ST380215A}

Monitor already have

Please suggest a good wireless (bluetooth) keyboard/mouse that can be also used to connect to my android phone while travelling

please also suggest ram, cabinet and power box.

low cost is the prime consideration along with "no-frills" but still ensuring backward compatibility and also upgradability (hence the asus mobo)

the prices quoted are converted from INR - any suggestions for reducing costs further without giving up on the freedom to upgrade are most welcome

would also like to hear from anyone if they had any adverse experience of using PATA (IDE) devices with this mobo

early responses would be highly appreciated

thanks

Honestly, that is going to be one slow PC. If your budget can be expanded I would fork over for at least an Athlon X2.

Case can be the cheapest standard ATX you can find, at least 4GB of DDR3 1333 (1600 recommended), and for the PSU I suggest a Corsair TX 650. Pricey, but needed for the quality and reliability.

I don't know much about Bluetooth peripherals but I think any Logitech would suffice.

Whoa! Slow down there cyberfic, instead of upgrading later on the CPU bring the price of that mobo down and up that CPU to at least a FX of around 100$ you can get a very decent quad core of about 3.6Ghz for 100$ and a board for around 60-70 to match close to your current, that Sempron isn't going to do you any good at all, You have my word on that,

105$ Newegg.com - AMD FX-4100 Zambezi 3.6GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) Socket AM3+ 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor FD4100WMGUSBX

^ And a very nice processor, you can match a board to it easily for a 200$ combined budget for what your at now.

There are plenty of nice boards for under 100$ that are very nice... 100$ board and a 100$ cpu is at his 200$ budget and he'll be set.

Back
Top Bottom