I am making a new thread on the forum because for I am at my girlfriends house and her internet is, well awful. I keep trying to look at the first one and it will not load, but a new thread page will load?
But anyway. Thank you all for the help so far, and thank you PP Mguire. I decided the up the budget for this new build because I saw that on newegg I can get 12 month same as cash. So I can spend a little more with small monthly payments ha. But this is a revised list of everything so if anyone has any comments once again, please don't hesitate.
- Haf x 942 blue - Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER HAF X Blue Edition RC-942-KKN3 Black Steel / Plastic ATX Full Tower Computer Case with Black Interior and Four Blue LED Fans-1x 140mm rear fan, 1x 200mm top fan, 1x 200mm side fan, and 1x 230mm front fan
- 2500k - Newegg.com - Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 3000 BX80623I52500K
- GTX 580 - Newegg.com - EVGA 015-P3-1580-AR GeForce GTX 580 (Fermi) 1536MB 384-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
-G skill 2x4gb DDR3 1600 - Newegg.com - G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM
With all the blue LED's that came with the case, I wanted to find 8GB of RAM that were blue. I am not quite sure how to pick out the best RAM, but from my little experience in RAM, this is a set of blue ones that looked good. Anyone know if the heat spreaders on this RAM will be too tall or get in the way of a 212?
- Western Digital 1TB - Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
It is 1TB, 7200 RPM and SATA 6GB. With these specs, this is the best one I found.
- Corsair 60GB - Newegg.com - Corsair Force Series 3 CSSD-F60GB3A-BK 2.5" 60GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
For Windows installation.
- Corsair 750W - Newegg.com - CORSAIR Professional Series HX750 (CMPSU-750HX) 750W ATX12V 2.3 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS SILVER Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply
Does anyone know if this will have enough connections for the amount of fans that I am going to have in my case? I want to fill the optional fan slots in my case because I figured it would be a waste if they went unused and possibly keep the temps down a little more. The number of fans will be 8 I'm pretty sure. I know it might be a little much, but oh well.
- Asus p8z68 - Newegg.com - ASUS P8Z68 DELUXE/GEN3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS
When I picked this one out, it was on sale. I am still unsure about which motherboard to get. I keep going back and forth. Just around $200. But this one jumped up $50 so I don't know again. And it is blue!
- 23.6 led - Newegg.com - ASUS VS Series VS247H-P Black 23.6" 2ms LED Backlight Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 50000000:1 (ASCR)
Best LED about 24 inch monitor with good response time?
- Razer - Newegg.com - RAZER Black USB Wired BlackWidow Ultimate Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
Had to switch keyboards to match the blue LED's in the case and I do not think that I will ever use the LCD display on those Logitech gaming keyboards. Also comes with free (bad reviewed mouse, but I already have one I can use if that mouse sucks)
- Newegg.com - ASUS 24X DVD Burner - Bulk 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 12X DVD+R DL 24X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM Black SATA Model DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS - CD / DVD Burners
CPU Heat sink
- 212 - Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus RR-B10-212P-G1 "Heatpipe Direct Contact" Long Life Sleeve 120mm CPU Cooler Compatible Intel Core i5 & Intel Core i7
I am getting the 212, but I plan on replacing the stock fan with 2 120mm fans for a push-pull and blow out of the back exhaust fan.
Random question. I am going to have plenty blue LED's, anyone have any opinion on a different color LED that might go well with blue for these 2 fans on the heat sink?
Also I have Arctic Silver 5, the extra fans, a cheap HDMI cord on the list, but no worth putting on here. I am getting closer and closer to a promotion at work I can almost taste it, so this is what I have been working on in my spare time.
The one thing that I have not looked into yet is a way to get wireless to my computer. I have seen the USB wireless things, but I feel like they will not do the job as well as an actual wireless card. The wireless router for my internet is in my basement and my computer will be on the second story. Any advice on this subject?
Thanks again for taking the time to read this and the help!