Building my self a gaming rig!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lyecdevf

In Runtime
I have pretty much made up my mind about what kind of graphical card I want to use. It is a Club3D Nvidia 9800 GTX. It supports Quad-SLI and I want to have at least two in my computer. I also want to have a strong processor...maybe some thing from AMD 64 bit...yeah! Now I also want to have the RAM with 1666. Now I need a motherboard that supports all that. Could you help me pick a motherboard? I need one with a lot of extension slots because I want to put in two slot fans. So two graphical cards, two slot fans,...one network card,....would that be too much to ask?

What sort of budget do you have?

You're much better off getting a GTS250 than 9800GTX; they're almost the same card, except the 250 is slightly better and slightly cheaper.
Also they're called graphics cards, not graphical :p

So two graphical cards, two slot fans,...one network card,....would that be too much to ask?
Not particularly, no, but exactly why are you after two (relatively) weak GPUs instead of one strong one like a GTX280?

I also want to have a strong processor...maybe some thing from AMD 64 bit
Um, every AMD processor nowadays is 64-bit. Could you clarify? :p If you want to go AMD, depending on your budget one of the Phenom II X4 chips would probably be a good idea for you.

RAM-wise, why particularly 1600MHz?

I'm sure some of the fokks around here could put something together for you on Newegg (presuming you're from the USA), I would do it myself but I don't work in dollars ;)

Because the GTS 250 is so ugly. I am a designer by heart and I could not look at that in my rig. :)

Well the GTX is some what expensive at the moment. Maybe if I wait for a few years I can buy one or two. :)

I am prepared to spend at least a 1000 euros on this rig. Money is not really an issue because I want it to be really good. Although I am not really sure when I want to build it. Maybe a year, two or more from now. So I can wait for certain components to become cheaper. :)

Because the GTS 250 is so ugly. I am a designer by heart and I could not look at that in my rig. :)
Do you mean the shape or the design on it? I have to say you're the only person I know of who would choose looks over performance :p

I am prepared to spend at least a 1000 euros on this rig. Money is not really an issue because I want it to be really good. Although I am not really sure when I want to build it. Maybe a year, two or more from now. So I can wait for certain components to become cheaper. :)
In one or two years completely new components will be out and cards like the 9800GTX will be even more obosolete. No use speccing a rig now.

1000 euros will buy something completely different in as little as 6 months, much less a year or two, than it will today. If you are looking to build a system soon we can help you if you let us know what sort of needs you have. As far as worrying about how the internal components looks, you could look at different brands of each model card, since usually the cards themselves are encased in plastic housings with various logos and whatnot on them.

Well the GTX is some what expensive at the moment. Maybe if I wait for a few years I can buy one or two. :)

In a year or two there will be completely new hardware out. And we don't know what that hardware will be yet, or what it will cost.

I have pretty much have not made up my mind about what kind of graphics card I want to use. It is a Club3D Nvidia 9800 GTX+. It does not support Quad-SLI and I want to have at least one in my computer. I also want to have a fast processor...maybe some thing from AMD...??? Now I also want to have 1066mhz memory.

Now I need a motherboard that supports all that. Could you help me pick a motherboard? I need one with a lot of expansion slots because I want the ability to upgrade in the future. So i think maybe two graphics cards would be best here?

Please note that i want to build something thats not going to cost an arm and a leg so i can purchase a new one or upgrade further down the track.

I have taken the time to edit your post here for people so that it at least makes sense.

Well I have made up my mind. I am just going to waite a little bit for the Club3D Nvidia 9800 GTX price to come down. I do not know how long that is going to take but I have made up my mind on the hardware that I am going to use. Like I have said I am going to assemble:

Club3D Nvidia 9800 GTX times 2
Ram Mgz 1600
Probablly AMD

Now I need to find a motherboard that is goign to support SLI, RAM Mgz 1600,...and that is it. Just help me find a motherboard!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom