Building my PC - Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

westy159

In Runtime
Hi, ive just started building my PC and have hit my first problem.

The PSU screw holes do not match up with the case screw holes. Ive got i the PSU the right way up but the holes are a few millimetres out of line with the case holes. I cant get it into position because the part of the case that sticks out to hold the PSU up is in the way.

I feel like drilling holes into the case.

What standard is the case? ATX? BTX? Micro ATX? And what standard is the power supply. The power supply and case (Along with the motherboard) should all be the same standard. If they are not, then you will have similar problems.

Drilling holes is all you can do, unless you either choose to get a different case or a different power supply that is the same standard..

Thanks for response, they are both ATX btw but it doesnt matter now.

I got around it, although the PSu is suspended in mid air, the screws are holding it in. I put something under the PSU to hold it up, that got the holes aligned, then took it away once i screwed the PSU in.

I'll use this thread for any other issues that arise.

After a lengthy install of the motherboard (this is taking hours more than I expected) ive now hit a issue.

Im putting the power switch, restart switch connectors onto the mobo. I have the mobos booklet which tells me where the + and - ends go in but I cant tell which are the + and - ends of the connectors.

On one side they are labled pwr sw etc and on the other theres only a small triangle on one side. No manual for the case to tell me what this indicates (Akasa Zen btw)

Any ideas?

Try the side with the writing facing down torwards the bottom of the case, thats how my past two builds have been.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom