building my new rig, please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Black screws usually do not come with motherboards. And that picture of your case, the screws look fine.

They probably came with the case.

Yes the screws that I used came with the case. I just didn't want to mess anything up.

I am thinking that the motherboard didn't come with any screws, which is probably pretty rare, isn't it? If it did, they are no where to be found.

Usually the case comes with most of the screws needed to mount everything. At least with my case.

Ok thanks for your help. I really appreciate it. If I have any more questions or have trouble, I will be back. I just hope I don't have to remove the motherboard to install the heatsink.

Since you're using the ACF7Pro heatsink, you probably don't have to remove the motherboard, because it is a push pin style heatsink. Just push the pins through the holes until they click. Unlike the heatsinks that require putting a backplate on, and then screwing the heatsink to the backplate.

It depends on the motherboard. I press DEL to get into mine. Read your motherboard manual. It will tell you how.

I have a question on installing the CPU. I put the CPU in, went to close the door and it was pretty tight. I got it shut but it felt like something was going to break. Is it supposed to be tight? It can only go in one way right? I thought I heard somewhere that the lettering on the CPU is supposed to be across. Mine is up and down.

I have a question on installing the CPU. I put the CPU in, went to close the door and it was pretty tight. I got it shut but it felt like something was going to break. Is it supposed to be tight? It can only go in one way right? I thought I heard somewhere that the lettering on the CPU is supposed to be across. Mine is up and down.

the cpu can only fit in one way. And yes it will be tight. I thought my new one was a little tight too. It is diff on some motherboards. But your ok.

Again, look at the motherboard manual. It's all there. Yes, it can only go in one way, and there is suppose to be no force putting it in. There is an arrow to the lower left hand corner of the CPU, if the words are read straight from left to right. There are also two notches on the CPU, that match to the socket. So it would be really hard to mess it up.

And the part where you close the latch, yes it's suppose to be tight. You wouldn't want it loose, and falling out, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom