building my new rig, please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I got it working. After I put the Windows cd in the drive, I forgot to push a button to read from the cd drive the first time. So I restarted it and when it said Boot from cd/dvd... I pushed a button on the keyboard and now everything seems to be working fine, yay:)

lol...It sometimes, those little things that causes the biggest of problems.

Glad to hear everything turned out fine.

I got it up and running. But under my computer, it is not showing either of my hard drives. It shows the partition that I installed Windows on. Do I need to install drivers for them? Only 1 hard drive has a cd with it. How would I install a driver without a cd?

Also I am having trouble connecting to the internet through a network. It does not show any networks to connect to. I am using a wireless usb linksys adapter.

if you deleted them, they are not formatted yet. Go into disk manager, you will see the unpartitioned space. Make them into partitions

To get to the disk management, go through the following:

Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Computer Management > Disk Management

From there, right click on the hard drive, and click format. But be careful not to format the Windows hard drive, which should be C:

Your internet is not working because you haven't installed the motherboard drivers yet. Your motherboard should have came with a CD that has the included drivers. You install that first, and then you update Windows.

can you give us a pic of the screen? take a screen shot, and upload it on the computer you are on now.

You should see representations of the hdd, that are unpartitioned. That is where you need to right click.

This screenshot was taken on the computer that I am on now but it basically looks the same as the other one.

harddrive.jpg

When I right click on either drive, the only option it gives me is a new simple volume and properties.

new simple volume. It shouldnt say "NTFS" though, it should say "unpartitioned" or something.

SOmeone double check me, new simple volume sound about right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom