building my new rig, please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have to create a new partition first, from the unpartitioned spaces. Press C on the drive you want to install Windows on.

Well, there are 6 different options to choose from, refresh, load driver, extend, delete, format, and new. I can only click on refresh, load driver, and new.

Do I need to go into the Bios and do something?

You're at the screen where it tells you to pick a hard drive to install Windows right? You have to create a partition from the unpartitioned hard drives first, in order to format it. So you have to press C, to create the partition. Type in the size of the partition that you want (30GB is good). And continue.

*edit*
I'm a little confused.

Did you disable the disk controller, in the BIOS?

or you can delete a partition if you dont have any unpartitioned space. Then use that space to make a new partition.

Correct. It does not do anything when I press C. Do I need to click on the new button?

No I did not disable the disk controller. I haven't even gone into the Bios yet.

FF.gif

Is this the screen you're up to?

Ah, why didn't you say so. No wonder. They have a different procedure.

So at the screen where you see refresh, load, and new. Click new, and then set the size of the partition you want to install Vista on, then click Next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom