building my new rig, please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

memory

Daemon Poster
I have been putting my new machine together, I have everything except the processor:( I will put that on once I get it, I don't think it will be to hard.

I have been trying to figure out the wiring, man there is a lot more wiring than I thought there would be. Anyways, the wires for the buttons on front like the power button, reset button, how do I know which way they go on the motherboard? I assume it matters right? All the wires(all of them have 2 wires but one which has three holes but only two wires), have a white wire, except one which is red and black(I assume the black is the ground). Is the white wire the ground wire? Also one is black and white, which one is ground on that one? Sorry if this is confusing.

I have been reading the motherboard and case manual and the motherboard says which pin is which but I don't know which is which on the wires.

Also I am unsure about the fan hookups. On the motherboard, there are 3 connections for fans, sys_fan1, sys_fan2, and pwr_fan(actually there are 4 but one is for the cpu). There are only 2 fans that hook up to the motherboard and both say power. Which one goes where? And how come all 4 fans don't hook up to the motherboard? Do they plug into each other?

If needed I can post pics to try and clear this up.

I did not realize this but my case only has 1 intake fan, the other 3 are exhaust. I figured there would be more intake fans. I guess it is better to pull the heat out rather than just blow the heat around inside the case.

It would be really helpful if you told us some specs. Like what motherboard and case, do you have? Pics wouldn't hurt either.

the writing on the wires should be facing down when you plug them in, and the power led wire which plugs in vertically should have have the writing facing towards the right. Hope that helps.

Well I am not sure if I plugged them in right but a couple of them are facing up. Will there be any harm done if they are plugged in wrong?

Can anybody help me out on the fans? I have 4 fans in my case and only 2 of them plug into the motherboard and both have a sticker wrapped around them saying power. Which one goes were?

do they have the 4 pin molex or is it 3 pin? I honestly forgot if the white wires or the colored wires are negatives or positives. I checked on my dad's computer and the writing is facing down w/ the white wires being on the right side.

Well I am not sure if I plugged them in right but a couple of them are facing up. Will there be any harm done if they are plugged in wrong?

Can anybody help me out on the fans? I have 4 fans in my case and only 2 of them plug into the motherboard and both have a sticker wrapped around them saying power. Which one goes were?

no, there shouldnt be any harm done... stuff just wont turn on prolly haha
make sure your CPU fan is plugged in right tho... wont run too long before shutting itself down or frying if you dont : /

to almost all of your questions tho, i say this:

read your motherboard manual... carefully

%99.9 of answers can be found there if you look hard enough :) - RK

frontpanelha0.jpg

frontpanelconnectorsqj5.jpg

POWER SW:
Colored to PW+
Black to PW-

RESET SW:
Colored to RES+
White to RES-

H.D.D. LED
Colored to HD+
White to HD-

POWER LED
Colored to MSG+
White to MSG-
Note - It looks like it won't fit, unless you cut the plastic in the middle, separating the wires. Although I don't think it's necessary to plug in.

SPEAKER
Colored to SPEAKER+
Black to SPEAKER-

memory said:
The other fans that don't seem to plug into the motherboard, is plugged into the molex cables coming from the PSU. They look like this:
Molex-style-power-connector.jpg

What do the molex plugs look like? 2 of the fans have a motherboard connection and 2 other plugs, might be molex.

The type of connection on the fan, is that a molex plug? Also what are the little round black things? Is that to put around the wires?
fan.jpg

On all four of the fans, there are 2 of those 4 pin white plugs, 1 is female and the other male. How do they hook up? Do the fans plug into each other?

I think I got all the power button, reset button, etc hooked up, they could be wrong. If they are, I will switch them.

I don't know if it is just me, but I can't find anything that helps me out on hooking the fans up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom