building my first system, i5-750

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clubm0use

Beta member
Trying to keep myself close to a $1000 budget here. I am choosing my parts specifically from Memory Express - Unearthly Savings (Apr17-22), because I don't want to wait for shipping. Only looking at items that have onhand quantity in either Edmonton store. They also offer price matching on any advertised price within Canada, so if you see something overpriced please let me know. Please note, prices are in Canadian dollars.

Case: ANTEC Nine Hundred Ultimate Gamer Case $119.99
It's flashy enough, every review is positive, and it has enough fans to keep everything cool.

Processor: Intel Coreâ„¢ i5 Processor 750 $229.99
I plan on overclocking this badboy. I don't know anything about cooling systems outside of the fact that I will probably need one.

Mobo: Asus Maximus III Gene Motherboard $219.99
I've heard from a few sources that RoG products are fantastic, and this one was specifically recommended to me by a friend. I can't say i know much outside of that i do want to have crossfirex support for future upgrades. It comes with onboard HD audio and that will save me money.

GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD 5750 Vapor-X 1GB $169.99
I thought a lot about upgrading to a 5850 or 5870 but they both break the budget. is the performance drop going to be worth the wait to add a little to the budget? Alternatively i can get this now, get another 5750 later, and crossfire them. My understanding is that this option would slightly outperform the higher end models.

RAM: Kingston ValueRAM 4GB PC3-10600 DDR3 Dual $119.99
dunno much about RAM outside of Kingston being a good brand.

Disk: Seagate 1TB Barracuda $79.99
not gonna shell out for a SSD, don't need RAIDed drives.

PSU: Corsair TX 750W Power Supply $134.99
Going downwards of 700w limits my ability to crossfire with that graphics card, or so I've heard. I know Corsair is a top brand.

I already have a copy of Win7, keyboard monitor and mouse, an optical drive, and basically everything else i'll need. Any comments or help is appreciated.

no point in getting the maximus III gene motherboard.

Get a gigabyte UD5 or a p7p55d

And don't get a 5750, the lowest you want to go with is a 5770. For memory get Mushkin Blackline 12800

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom