Building my First PC

BaconSanwich

Baseband Member
So I was building my first PC, and was looking for advice on the parts I'm using in relation to what I'm actually going to use it for.

The parts I was going to use for the tower are:

Intel Core i3-3220 CPU

MSI B75MA-P45 Motherboard

EVGA GTX 650 Ti Graphics Card

4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz RAM

500GB Western Digital Caviar Blue Hard Drive

430W Corsair CX430 Power Supply

NZXT Source 220 Case

All of the parts come up to around $550, but I can probably go up to about $800.

I mostly play TF2, DOTA2 and indie games like FTL on my old, run down rig, but that's just about bit the dust. So I was wondering what this would be able to do, and if you had any recommendations as to different/better parts?

The specs are all there for what you want it to do, as for the quality of them I'm not sure.

I'm not the biggest fan of MSI boards in general, but it would certainly get the job done.

I'd wait to see what PPMguire chimes in with before doing anything though (PP=Build Guru).

Also, btw, what sites were you finding those parts on?

I was probably going to buy the parts from Amazon or Newegg, mainly because it's cheap and they mostly ship free to where I live

Yea you're going to need to use an Aus site of which slips my mind currently (sorry, moving stress).

MSI make good boards, but I've been partial to ASRock, especially their B75 due to one being 49 bucks. (Although I'm aware MSI has one too)

I think you'll find Aus prices will be higher than US prices so looking at Amazon.com or Newegg will be a hundred or more under. That being said everything seems alright but I would bump the PSU up to the CX500 to be on the safe side, and get 8GB of RAM rather than 4. You'll thank me later on the RAM.

Just out of curiosity, what sort of stuff would this be able to run? The only real reason I didn't play anything other than indie games and TF2 on my old rig is a total lack of any grunt (it had like 256MB of RAM)

This would be able to run everything while only the higher end games would require settings to be turned down. Those such games being like Crysis 3, Far Cry 3, ect.

Back
Top Bottom