Hello there, I am in need of a new computer system and decided that at the ripe age of 20, it is time to learn how to build and put one together myself. I spent the past couple of days reviewing forums and sites on what I need, what it compatible with what, and so on and so forth. I have compiled a pretty basic list of components and was wondering if someone much more experienced than I am, could look them over and tell me if this system would be good or bad, and if everything would work together.
- Case <COOLER MASTER RC-692-KKN2 CM690 II Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case>
- HDD <SAMSUNG 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive>
- Graphics Card <GIGABYTE Radeon HD 6850 1GB>
- Processor <ntel Core i5-2500 Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost)>
- Motherboard <BIOSTAR TZ77B LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard>
- Power Supply <OCZ ZT Series 650W Fully-Modular 80PLUS Bronze High Performance Power Supply>
- Memory <G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory>
- Disc Drive <LITE-ON Black 18X DVD-ROM 48X CD-ROM SATA DVD-ROM Drive - OEM>
The grand total of the build comes out to $837.68 plus various rebates. I am on a somewhat tight budget around the $800 price tag (already a lil over budget) so I would like to know if everything will mesh together before I drop $800 on this learning experience.
I am not looking for the end all be all highest of high end gaming rigs, but I am looking for a good solid foundation to start learning and be able to upgrade upon in the future. The types of games I would like to be able to run and mediumish/high setting are Tera, League of Legends, and possibly Diablo 3.
Thanks for taking the time to read and review this and for helping me with my endeavors.