Building my first PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

iceman33

Solid State Member
Hey everyone I am looking into building my first pc. For the past week I have been reading forums and guides to building one and I have done my research on deciding on what products to buy. Here is a list of the things I am going to buy for my new computer:

APEVIA (ASPIRE) X-Plorer ATXB8KLW-BK Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

APEVIA (ASPIRE) Chameleon ATX-AS550W-BL ATX12V v2.03 550W Power Supply

AMD Athlon 64 3500+ Venice 2.2GHz 512KB L2 Cache Socket 939 Processor

ASUS A8N-E Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra ATX AMD Motherboard

XFX PVT42EUDE3 Geforce 6800XT 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card

Thermaltake A2016 80mm 1 Ball, 1 Sleeve Blue LED Light Case Cooling Fan

Thermaltake Thunderblade A1926 120mm Sleeve Blue LED Light Cooling Fan

Here is the things I already have:
Monitor
Keyboard
Mouse
RAM
Cd Rom Drive
DVD Rom Drive
Network Adapter
OS

These are all the things that I have decided on what I wanted to buy. My question to all of you is that have what do you think of on my choices and do you have any suggestions for me. My main reason for building one is that the one I have now is too slow for playing games like Halo and BF2 so this is my main reason for doing this. If you have any questions feel free to ask. Thanks

BF2 is a ram hog, therefore 2 gigs for ram. If you can i'd go with a 3800x2 instead of a 3500 its not too much more. Dual core is always nice, esp when at lan parties you run a server on one core, and a game on the other.

go with 2gb's of RAM, ZALMAN heatsink and personally, I would get the 3700 over the 3500. if you have the extra cash, go with the 3800x2 or the 4200x2...oh yea, and try to stay away from XFX vid cards. i had bought 3 over the years, and 3 of them died within 2 weeks of use. go with a more popular brand such as: eVGA or BFG, maybe even MSI

iceman33 said:
These are all the things that I have decided on what I wanted to buy. My question to all of you is that have what do you think of on my choices and do you have any suggestions for me. My main reason for building one is that the one I have now is too slow for playing games like Halo and BF2 so this is my main reason for doing this. If you have any questions feel free to ask. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom