building my first gaming pc

First being, do you have to buy from Amazon? What games do you intend on playing?

Do you need a Bluray drive? Do you need an OS? What's your total budget?

Well amazon was the cheapest, and there somewhat reliable. But im new to this so if you know a better place then im all for it. As far as games. I like open world sandbox, and survivel. I plan on getting space engineers, kerbal space program, H1Z1. Games like that. The blue ray would be nice for movies. But if you know a cheaper drive that will play games I might just get that. Im going to get windows 8.1 and my limit is $700.

Amazon.com: Buying Choices: MSI Computer Corp. Motherboard North Bridge AMD 970 & South Bridge AMD SB950 Chipset ATX DDR3 800 AMD AM3+ Motherboards (970A-G46)

Better motherboard and customer service support, may wait for 2 weeks top for a replacment board but less ******** from asus who refuse to help and work or just oblivous to any problems.

MSI GAMING N750 TF 2GD5/OC G-SYNC Support GeForce GTX 750 2GB 128-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card - Newegg.com

EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti Superclocked 2GB Video Card 02G-P4-3753-KR G-SYNC Support 128-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 - Newegg.com

These 2 will perform more better than the xfx R7 270.
oh sure its 4 dollar bump up I rather choose speed and cuda core for performance in game and encoding-decoding videos.

Also the psu, I know half the people like seasonic, swear by it even sleep with it if they could...

Antec EarthWatts Platinum Series EA-650 650W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS PLATINUM Certified Power Supply - Newegg.com
Same price, better company, better support, if it breaks call up rma support show them the receipt from newegg.com..
You won't even to get on your knees for long and scuff em up to beg them to help later on down the road.
Lastly there is a fx6100 on amazon going for 69.99, I would get that if your not to keen for the 6300.

I'm very tempted to get me one but bills come first so I'll see what I can manage in 2 weeks and get the christmas gift I really wanted. :)

Last edited:
Also the psu, I know half the people like seasonic, swear by it even sleep with it if they could...

Antec EarthWatts Platinum Series EA-650 650W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS PLATINUM Certified Power Supply - Newegg.com
Same price, better company, better support, if it breaks call up rma support show them the receipt from newegg.com..
You won't even to get on your knees for long and scuff em up to beg them to help later on down the road.

Just an FYI, but SeaSonic is one of the OEM's for Antec.
http://whirlpool.net.au/wiki/psu_manufacturers

The unit you linked is made by Delta..but still, SeaSonic makes PSU's for them ;).

Erm...just making you aware in case you didn't know. No need to take offense.

Stop assuming you think what I don't know.
In many ways it does make me upset or angry at you and makes me want to have nothing to say to you on TF.net.

@cory: I don't have the same model as he will get but software should come with it.

If not this will benefit him if the contents can be decrypted without much effort.
K-Lite Codec Pack: Comparison of abilities and supported file formats

Back
Top Bottom