Building my first computer. HELP NEEDED

Status
Not open for further replies.

trunto

Beta member
Hey all, I'm trying to build a computer(obviously), and this is my first time.
I want to be able to run the latest games(black-ops, dragon age) at high quality and I
have a budget of 800 usd (not including the monitor). The parts I have selected are:

CPU
AMD Phenom II X4 965 for 159.99 link

Motherboard
ASUS M4A77TD Motherboard for 69.99 link

Graphics Card
XFX HD685XZNFC Radeon HD 6850 for 189.99 link

RAM
G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 for 54.99 link

Hard Drive
Samsung HD103SJ Spinpoint F3 Hard Drive for 59.99 link

CD/DVD/Blu-ray player/burner
Lite-On IHOS104 Blu Ray ROM for 49.99 link

Power Supply
Diablotek PHD750 Power Supply for 59.99 link

Case
Rosewill CHALLENGER Black Gaming ATX Mid Tower for 49.99 link

Sound Card
I'm fairly sure sound is integrated into my motherboard.

Wifi Card
Sabrent 802.11n Wireless PCI Controller Card for 29.99 link

Mouse/Keyboard
I already have a Logitech V450 Nano Cordless Laser Mouse(is this good for gaming?)
As for a keyboard I picked a cheap one, not being sure if matters for gaming.
Logitech Compact Keyboard K300 for 12.99 link

Monitor
I have no clue what monitor to get. I would like it to be 22" - 24" and support 1080p
but that combo doesn't come cheap.

Thats my list. To the best of my knowledge all these parts will work great together but I'm wrong 8 out 10 times. For all I know my psu might not have enough pci-e connectors. Any suggestions in any category would be much appreciated.

I'm not really up on AMD systems but I'm sure someone with more AMD knowledge will show up soon.

I will advise you to look for a different power supply. Get a better brand name and you don't need 750 watts. Look at a Corsair power supply in the 500-600 watt range.
Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply

Instead of shopping at Newegg and TigerDirect you should pick one and save on shipping. And you should look at the Combo Deals Newegg has. This whole deal looks pretty good.
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more!

Thanks Slaymate. I will definitely take your advice and buy all my parts for the same provider. Also, thanks for telling me I'm don't need 750 watts. I had basically added up how much power each of my components needed, times that by 2 and added a hundred(or something equally as crazy). After reviewing my own list I took a step back and reconsidered my graphics card. Would the Radeon HD 5770 be better for gaming than the Radeon HD 6850? Any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom