Building my first computer. 1400$ limit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meh, my p5k didnt overclock all that great, although it was just the vanilla version. I much prefer my ds3r and 680i boards.

680I is nothing compared to a P35 chipset and it lags behind evertyhing else. Any vanilla board isnt great. The deluxe version is much much better.

At the time the deluxe was 299 so it was way more than i wanted to pay. Sadly the 680i is currently the only way to run SLI though. I'm seriously debating on going to an x38 board with 2 3870s once i find some for a reasonable price.

At the time the deluxe was 299 so it was way more than i wanted to pay. Sadly the 680i is currently the only way to run SLI though. I'm seriously debating on going to an x38 board with 2 3870s once i find some for a reasonable price.

But X48 is about to come out along with 7xxx series chipset.

And why overpay for the X38 when the P5K will do fine ?

i already called them and got the return processed. so now im waiting on the mb to arrive to send it back ;)
btw 20$ extra for the ix38 dont matter i just want something better suited for me. and which will last me longer and be a better investment in the long run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom