Building my first.

Beemo

Solid State Member
Hi guys iam looking at putting together my first gaming pc, actually this is my first build period, So after many hours of research iam almost ready to pull the trigger and would just like some help or recommendations on my build. Also since ive never done this before to make sure my items are compatible and that I havent forgotten anything.

I want a good solid pc that will be able to play modern games (BF3, Skyrim, Starcraft II ect.) in medium/high detail and be able to play these games for awhile. Also the pc needs to be able to do normal daily tasks like watching/streaming movies and school work.

Budget needs to stay under $1500 for the pc but would like to come in below if possible, I am ready to purchase these items soon since i am without a computer at the moment and dont mind lightly upgrading the system a bit down the road.

Intel Core i5-3570K, EVGA GeForce GTX 670, Corsair 200R - System Build - PCPartPicker

I plan on getting a good screen, gaming mouse, keboard, sound card and speakers later on for now its just basic items.

Thanks for the help

Last edited:
Looks good to me. You can save a small bit of cash by dropping the EVO cooler and dropping the 1866 RAM to 1600.
I would also get the ASRock Extreme 3 over the Gigabyte too, which also happens to be cheaper.

Although the 830 was my most recommended SSD for like 6 months straight, I have personally owned the Corsair Neutron GTX and recommended it over the 830 as I have experience with it. Either way is still good, although the GTX is 5 bucks cheaper.

Meat and bones of your rig looks spot on though.
I can save you future cash by saying you don't need a sound card unless you are getting a high end audio setup.

Thanks a ton PP Mguire,

I am gonna stay with the Gigabyte board since it has a good long track record, But will definitely be going to 1600 ram, Corsair GTX and ditching the cooler. Maybe later if/when I start to OC I will pick one up.

From my future self thanks! I figured i needed a sound card, I am not going with with a high end audio setup thats cool:cool:

This is what I will be buying over the next month
Intel Core i5-3570K, EVGA GeForce GTX 670, Corsair 200R - This is what Iam buying - Beemo's Saved Part List - PCPartPicker

I personally wouldn't buy Gigabyte anymore, but to each his own. Their X79 boards are a total disaster.
bannage.gif~original

If you do pick up something aftermarket later on for actual OCing then I recommend grabbing an H80 caliber AIO cooler rather than a tower air cooler.

Rig looks good. Post up some pics when it's built and let me know how you like that 200r. When (if) I rebuild my PC again I was going to use the 200r.

Ive seen some vids of x79 letting out the magic smoke lol.

Good to know i will keep that in mind.

No problem, i picked that case since the cost was right and i like the looks of it. Iam not in to the crazy cases and this one seemed perfect both in looks and reviews.

Thanks again

Just because the x79 is bad doesn't make Gigabyte a bad brand. I'm sure they learned from their mistake. I have the Gigabyte B75 mobo and it's solid. Beemo's pick also had a very good rep and popular with many builders.

We just stay away from the x79. :p

EDIT: Come to think of it, it's the first time I've heard of x79. A 77, 75 and a 67 yes but a 79?

Last edited:
By the way Beemo, you know about testing the mobo outside of the case before installing it?

Just because the x79 is bad doesn't make Gigabyte a bad brand. I'm sure they learned from their mistake. I have the Gigabyte B75 mobo and it's solid. Beemo's pick also had a very good rep and popular with many builders.

We just stay away from the x79. :p

EDIT: Come to think of it, it's the first time I've heard of x79. A 77, 75 and a 67 yes but a 79?
X79 is socket 2011 chipset, or in other words top of the line. I would expect more from their enthusiast line and almost bought a UD7. So glad I didn't.
I currently have a Gigabyte board and used to own a few Gigabyte AMD boards in the Phenom 2 days. Their quality has gone south over the past few years whereas ASRock are innovating big time. Cheaper board with the same feature set in an all black package. Winner in my books.

The board he picked may be popular and may work good, but their CS is also terrible which is an afterthought to most. Trying to RMA with them is a total gamble these days.

So that's the socket 2011 board. Yea, I wasn't familiar with those. Gigabyte gotta take care of the customers if they wanna sell boards. The company as any company are only as good as the people that run it.

If there's any problem with CS the higher ups will straighten their asses out, trust me. :)

Back
Top Bottom