Building my Desktop

Intelligence

Baseband Member
First time I am building my desktop, so I need a lot of guidance here... What order should I assemble these in? Should I toggle TPU to overclock before or after I setup my computer and install the OS? Also, will I have to buy my own assembly tools kit or will they most likely be boxed in with the purchases? Do I need special things such as thermal paste and such?

My parts list:
ASUS VH242H 23.6” Monitor
Cooler Master HAF X Blue Edition Chassis
Corsair HX750W PSU
Corsair H100 Liquid CPU Cooler
Cooler Master Megaflow 200mm Fan (optional top chassis fan)
NZXT Sentry-2 Fan Controller (5.25" drive bay)
ASUS P8Z77 Deluxe Motherboard
Intel i7-3770K CPU
EVGA GeForce GTX 680SC Video Card
ASUS Xonar Essence STX Sound Card
G.SKILL 4x4GB 1600 DDR3 SDRAM
Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD
Samsung 830 256GB SSD
ASUS 24X DVD-DRW (5.25" drive bay)
AFT PRO-55U Card Reader (5.25" drive bay)
LED lights and other peripherals

Newegg TV: How To Build a Computer - Part 2 - The Build - YouTube I watched this to learn how, Youtube has everything you need xd. Thermal paste will probally come preapplied on the corsair h100 if not you always get arctic silver 5 thermal paste for 6 dollars. Assembly kit? All you need is a static wristband or keep touching a metal service and a phillips screw driver basically :) If buying from newegg they will all be in their orginal packaging in like 1-5 boxes since you bought alot of stuff

You're using some high-end equpiment for your first build. Don't screw up. Water cooling isnt for the faint of heart.

Corsair H coolers are closed loops so you can't mess them up really.

Everything you need will come with your parts except for thermal paste and a screw driver. You don't even need a static band. Don't even try overclocking until you have everything installed and have ensured it all works right.

Back
Top Bottom