Building My Custom Rig

Status
Not open for further replies.
thx, also heres a question.. should i really get liquid cooling if i dont overclock anything or will air work just fine?

Air will work OK even if you do overclock, but you'd want to use a better heatsink than the stock unit. At regular speeds the stock heatsink will work fine.

I stand corrected:
I priced it through newegg to include a 24" widescreen LCD (Asus), your g19 keyboard (that shall never replace the g15!!), upgraded your mouse, still gave you a 1k power supply (which I think is to much), upgraded to a computer cooler that I think is great ........ 2176.88 + 119.00 (your case that I think is awesome by the way) -105 in mail in rebates = 2190.88

Your build I am at 2434.00 not including shipping or anything or any of the extra shipping protection.

Now ... my personal suggestions: Go with a 750 watt power supply if your only going to use one card. Get rid of the 600 gig raptor drive, instead get a 500 gig storage drive and a 60 gig SSD for your system drive. Go with windows home premium 64 bit. Get the G15 keyboard instead of the G19, the display on the G15 is supposed to be better still, have not used G19 so just going off reviews.

<Incoming fan boy plug> .... Have you looked into AMD/ATI at all? If its an option let me know I have a sweet build that I can put out there for you with a 6 core processor!!! </end fanboy plug>
Here are the links for the build I put together on newegg (if you shop around you can probably lower this a bit more but I really only use the egg)

Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more!
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more!
Newegg.com - Prolimatech Megahalems Rev.B CPU Cooler
Newegg.com - Kingston HyperX T1 Series 3GB (3 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1800 (PC3 14400) Desktop Memory Model KHX1800C9D3T1K3/3GX
Newegg.com - Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound - Thermal Compound / Grease
Newegg.com - Logitech MX 518 8 Buttons 1 x Wheel USB Wired Optical 1800 dpi Gaming Mouse
Newegg.com - Logitech G19 Black 104 Normal Keys USB Wired Standard Gaming Keyboard
Newegg.com - XCLIO GREATPOWER 1000W ATX12V CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply
Newegg.com - ASUS VE246H Black 24" 2ms(GTG) HDMI Widescreen LCD Monitor 250 cd/m2 50000 :1 (ASCR) Built-in Speakers
Newegg.com - Western Digital VelociRaptor WD6000HLHX 600GB 10000 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
Newegg.com - Sony Optiarc Black 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 12X DVD+R DL 24X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA CD/DVD Burner LightScribe Support - CD / DVD Burners

hmm, they all look nice... i just redid my pc build a bit and with the help of all you guys i got the revised price down to $2,162(still cyber power for now). il post details once i get them written up.. and about ati/amd i just havnt used them, im used to nvidia cards so for now il stick with them.. thx tho. also i dont need a copy of windows 7. once i get pc built then il be deactivating my product key for my laptop and putting it on new rig, since il prob be selling laptop(il be putting vista back on it). besides the Windows 7 version i have is the Ultimate Signature Edition which was given to me free by microsoft. talk about a nice company haha.. anyway il update my build and u guys let me know wat u think.. and i cant thank you guys enough, you'v helped me with this alot..

My Updated Build

Case:
Azza Hurrican 2000 Full Tower Gaming Case with 4 Hot Swappable HDD Cage & (4) 230MM Fans

Extra Case Fan Upgrade:
Maximum Enermax 120MM Case Cooling Fans for selected case (Maximum Silent Operation) (1,000 RPM Black Color with No LED Enlobal Magnetic Barometric
Bearing 17 dBA)

Noise Reduction Technology:
Sound Absorbing Foam on Side, Top And Bottom panels
Power Supply Gasket
Anti-Vibration Fan Mounts

CPU:
Intel® Core™ i7-950 3.06 GHz 8M Intel Smart Cache LGA1366

Cooling Fan:
CoolerMaster V6 GT CPU Cooler (Nickle Plated Double-V Heatpipe w/ Color Changing LED Cap)

Motherboard:
Asus Rampage III Formula

Memory:
6GB (2GBx3) DDR3/2000MHz Triple Channel Memory Module

Video Card:
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470 1.2GB 16X PCIe Video Card

Power Supply Upgrade:
1,000 Watts - Xion PowerReal ATX 80 Plus Power Supply

Hard Drive:
64 GB Kingston 2.5 inch SATA Gaming MLC Solid State Disk

Data Hard Drive:
1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM HDD

Optical Drive:
24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive

LCD Monitor:
24" Widescreen 1920x1080 Sceptre X246W-1080P LCD (Black Color) w/ Built-in Speaker, DVI & Input

Keyboard:
Logitech G19 Gaming Keyboard w/ LCD Display

Mouse:
CoolerMaster Storm Sentinel Advance 5600 DPI OLED Gaming Mouse

Extra Thermal Display:
Aerocool V12XT Dual Bay Touch Screen Fan Control

This is wat iv gathered... if i can find all of these on newegg then id deff build it myself. Id rather build it myself haha.. either way tho, i have till end of month to make this plan solid.

Thats a fan lovers dream case there lol. If you want water cooling why would u spend that much on a case with all them fans? Get a case thats like $50 and put some blue LED's in it.

edit: didn't see the last page before i posted but if your going air cooled this case will be good. Otherwise IMO a huge waste of money

Forget the foam crap. It will only act as insulation and hold the heat inside your case... which is where you DON'T want it. If you want quiet then go with quiet components.

The V6 is OK, but definitely not the best you could do by a long shot. A Noctua NH-D14, a Prolimatech Megahalems, or a Thermalright U120eXtrem1366RT R-C 120mm would all give you better performance.

"6GB (2GBx3) DDR3/2000MHz Triple Channel Memory Module ". That translates to "We'll give you whatever crap we want to give you" in my ears. You want, nay need, high quality RAM. Go with G.Skill, period.

If you are going to juice it with a big PSU, get a decent brand. Check the Power Supply Guide to see what's best. Trust me on this one... when your PSU goes it takes other stuff with it.

"1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM HDD". Go with either a Western Digital (WD) Black or a Samsung F3 drive, not some generic one they slap in there.

"24" Widescreen 1920x1080 Sceptre X246W-1080P LCD (Black Color) w/ Built-in Speaker, DVI & Input". Spectre is a crap shoot. Go Asus, LG, almost anuthing else. Avoid Spectre, Acer, Hanns-G.

If you want to be screwed over by Cyberpower gigging you with crap parts, go for it. If you are willing to listen and learn, build it yourself and make it a true powerhouse. If you can turn a screwdriver and follow very simple instructions you can build a computer. Building a computer is like putting together a puzzle made for preschoolers.

Thats a fan lovers dream case there lol. If you want water cooling why would u spend that much on a case with all them fans? Get a case thats like $50 and put some blue LED's in it.

iv decided against water cooling for the time being. and as much as i love leds there a distractiuon wen im playing games or watching movies. i can always add some later on if i change my mind.. im making a wish list on newegg that u guys can see once i find everything. just looking for a case similar to the one i want.. il post url wen i get wish list up..

thx Trotter, il deff change those... im still new to this so work with me here haha..

just found a good looking case... its not perfect but im still looking... while i look what do you guys think of the Thermaltake Element V case? let me know... also any suggestions on cases are welcome..

That case is a LED lovers dream. For someone who just said its distracting will really be distracted by LED's changing color lol. Why do you like the case? Maybe if we know what your looking for we can help. Personally for $160 if it doesn't build my comp for me its not worth it lol
Everything your posting has LED's on it. Make up your mind man lol, you like them or you don't?

That case is a LED lovers dream. For someone who just said its distracting will really be distracted by LED's changing color lol. Why do you like the case? Maybe if we know what your looking for we can help. Personally for $160 if it doesn't build my comp for me its not worth it lol
Everything your posting has LED's on it. Make up your mind man lol, you like them or you don't?

haha im trying but every case i find has leds haha.. i can always switch them off or replace them for quiter fans anyway. which il prob do anyway sooner or later haha... well i just found the case that looks sweet for me.. il put wishlist here if i can figure out how lol.

UPDATE- HERE WE GO...
https://secure.newegg.com/WishList/MySavedWishDetail.aspx?ID=12239751

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom