Building my 1st computer - kinda long - some questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm... I have yet another question - I know that from going between 512 and 1gb of mem, I would see a noticable difference, but since I am going to make a second order in a few months, would my system be able to get by with only 512 of memory that is better quality, and then I'll buy another 512 when I make my next order? I was looking at this one:
CORSAIR XMS 512MB 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 400 (PC 3200) System Memory - Retail
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820145420

What do you guys think?

I have that ram and it is like the best out there especially for the price. Ask Nubius he was the one that recommended it to me and then I just bought it. It is suppposed to be very overclockable according to him. I haven't been able to overclock yet because of I have about no cooling system that ram works wonders. Also for the motherboard go with this one solid DFI lanparty Ultra-D (Best one out there) I have that one from experience from well. Both works wonders.
m_mart_84 said:
I apologize, and meant no disrespect grimreaper23; I had thought it was just another brand you were listing as an alternate to corsair - I did not know if it was one that you had experience with or whatnot. I've also been looking at the reviews on the site and they claimed that memory is not good for overclocking (should I choose to try that). Doing more research in ram still, but I'm kinda looking at these now, since they seem to have pretty good reviews:
OCZ Performance Series 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Unbuffered Dual Channel Kit System Memory Model OCZ4001024PFDC-K - Retail

Would the motherboard I listed be alright for what I want? It is a DFI like a couple of you had said would be better.

I'm really just reaching my budget already and am seeking to find cheaper alternatives if possible. That is kinda the problem with the cpu fan - I can't really afford to spend 50+ for a cpu fan right now. The one that I had listed seemed compatible and appeared to have good reviews backing it, and is almost $40 cheaper than the the zalman one. I think the actual cheapest zalman one I found was $31 or so

For the PSU, what should I be looking for exactly - I'm not entirely too sure there. I was really hoping to stick to around 30 or 40 for the psu if possible - quieter would be better, but I don't know what all I should be looking for, other than at least 400w rating. Again, I was going off of good reviews and had heard some good things about rosewill.

EDIT: hmmm... looking at the site, it seems the harddrive I was interested in is now out of stock. This may be a dumb question, but what is the difference between a serial ata150 and a ide ultra ata133? The ide ultra ata133 was the one I had chosen which is now out of stock, but is the serial ata150 is in stock - is there any significant difference I should know about, or would it serve just as well? Also, should I try to go with a 16mb cache or 8mb cache? Is there any noticable difference there?

Here is the one I am looking at:
Maxtor DiamondMax 10 6L200S0 200GB 7200 RPM Serial ATA150 Hard Drive - OEM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom