Building i7 Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're gonna spend that much on a monitor, I'd look at this instead:
Dell UltraSharp U2711 27" Widescreen LCD Monitor - Midnight Grey [210-31179]

It's an IPS, so colour reproduction is much better than a standard TFT panel (by which I mean, leagues better) like that LG. Plus, it has reviews, which all say that it's an amazing monitor.

I know the 27" is better but i really want a 30".
Here are a load of reviews of the LG
Newegg.com - LG W3000H-Bn Black 30" 5ms Widescreen LCD Monitor w/ HDCP Support 370 cd/m2 3000:1 w/ 4 USB ports

No OSD, a single input, and (apparently) iffy quality control just screams 'cheap construction'.

The ~£1100 30" UltraSharp is your best bet. If that's too much, then you're better off sacrificing screen size rather than quality to get the price down.

No OSD, a single input, and (apparently) iffy quality control just screams 'cheap construction'.

The ~£1100 30" UltraSharp is your best bet. If that's too much, then you're better off sacrificing screen size rather than quality to get the price down.

Alright. You and my family have convinced me to go with the 27" =)
Thanks for the help again!

No problem ;) If you need any more help (for example with assembly and setting it up), you know where to ask.

Hey Yami,
Im fixing the heat sink at the moment but im not sure which way to face it.
Fans towards the grahpics card or towards the ram.
Iv seen videos of it facing both ways but im not sure which is the best.

Do you have any idea?

Thanks.

EDIT never mind.. i just tested it facing towards the ram and it doesnt fit.. Guess ill have to go with facing the grahpics card.

You want it facing toward wherever your exhaust fan is. Generally this is away from the RAM, toward the back of the case.

You want it facing toward wherever your exhaust fan is. Generally this is away from the RAM, toward the back of the case.

Well there are two fans for it.. so one will face towards the graphis card and the other towards the top of the case (exhaust)

i have an exhaust on the top, back front and bottom haha.. though the graphics card is blocking the bottom one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom