Building a high preformance computer Qs'

Status
Not open for further replies.

sladew1988

Beta member
So I was wondering. Im about to build my own computer. With the latest best quality hardware. High RAM, good motherboard, big HDD, one of the top Processors ect ect. Just wondering if there would be a problem with putting it all together. Such as the processor not working with the motherboard or the RAM not working because the motherboard wont work with it ect. Is there a certain brand i have to get to make it all work is what im really asking.

Thanks! Slade

Not sure exactly what you're asking.. There shouldn't be any problems but there's always that chance. Do you have the parts picked out or want some suggestions? Also what is your budget and resolution that you'll be playing at?

you need:
i7 920 cpu
x58 mobo
tri-channel DDR3 Memory
choice of graphics card
at least a 550W psu assuming you go highend gpu
case of choice
SATA optical drive
SATA HDD

Well Starting from scratch. What kind of what should i get. I'm looking for a lot of speed, memory, and a lot of online time. Not much of a gamer but i do like to play from time to time. WHen i do i get the game going and my computer is slow. Also i like to download music, learning to program as well as run my linux on the same HDD. What should i get or use? Im trying to build a good computer. Budget ... im not to worried about. but would like to keep the price as down as i can. But if it means not getting the best then i dont care.

Well what Druid suggested is what you need. Those can usually range from about $1000-2000+ depending on what you need. Since you don't game much a powerful graphics card isn't needed so much, so a GTX 260 is probably fine.

You could also get a solid state hard drive to run your operating systems off of. Those are supposed to increase performance by quiet a bit, with a price though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom