Building a high end gaming comp - Page 4 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Old 06-08-2012, 05:34 PM   #31 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Re: Building a high end gaming comp

Originally Posted by Runfox View Post
OK thanks for all your help, I read everyones posts. My last comp build was like 2005 or so, so Im way behind the learning here to build a new comp. So far Im prettey much set on , CPU: Intel i5-3570K, GPU: EVGA GTX670. I will have money in a month or less to build what I want. I would like to stay under $1400. My real grey spot is the Mother board and Power Supply. Im thinking I want the Intel Z77 chipset for the ivy Bridge. I dont plan on overclocking, I never have done that, dont really know enough about it, I figure with my build I shouldnt need to. I like Asus and Gigabyte boards, but dont really se the need to spend more that say $150? Thinking about the Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H. Any suggestions there would help, Power suppply Im thinking I need 750 watts??? Looking at Corsair CMPSU-750HX.
Dont go cheap on the motherboard, trust me on this one.

You want a motherboard with the LUCID MVP. - ASUS P8Z77-V LE LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

This is a good one. The LUCID technology will give you 10+ FPS in almost all games, sometimes more. just do a little research on the technology.

Even tho you say your not gonna overclock, you choose to buy a overclocking CPU. Why not go i7? instead of i5

jasonelmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 08:03 PM   #32 (permalink)
True Techie
Default Re: Building a high end gaming comp

I choose the i5-3570K for its speed so I don't have to overclock. I dont really know much about overclocking, maybe one day down the road when I cant get the FPS I want or something then i might find out about overclocking it. Besides I am trying to keep in a price range, money is an object here, trying to keep under $1400. OK I read up on the Lucid MVP, GIGABYTE Tech Daily: Lucid Virtu MVP: What it is, and why you’ll want it on your motherboard Sounds impressive. What about a power source??

Runfox is offline   Reply With Quote