Building a high end gaming comp - Page 3 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login

Old 05-30-2012, 09:15 PM   #21 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Re: Building a high end gaming comp

ok lets make it clear.

PC1 with the "same specs/components" on PC2 the only difference is PC1 has an IGP of 2000 and PC2 has and IGP of 4000.
question: is there a difference in each computers performace? the answer is Yes, PC2 is a bit faster than PC1 because it has better IGP. Now lets put same Graphic card on it and see whats the result. now is there a difference in computer performance?

If im wrong then i will gladly and happy to accept it.

Thanks

BTW i get confuse on your first paragraph because your telling that choosing a CPU that has a higher IG is good, but you make contrast on your second line saying that theres no logic in choosing a CPU based on IG.

av3lard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 09:42 PM   #22 (permalink)
Build Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by av3lard View Post
ok lets make it clear.

PC1 with the "same specs/components" on PC2 the only difference is PC1 has an IGP of 2000 and PC2 has and IGP of 4000.
question: is there a difference in each computers performace? the answer is Yes, PC2 is a bit faster than PC1 because it has better IGP. Now lets put same Graphic card on it and see whats the result. now is there a difference in computer performance?

If im wrong then i will gladly and happy to accept it.

Thanks

BTW i get confuse on your first paragraph because your telling that choosing a CPU that has a higher IG is good, but you make contrast on your second line saying that theres no logic in choosing a CPU based on IG.
The CPU's with the weaker IGP are weaker themselves. The 3550 is clocked slower than the 3570k. Since the 3550 is not unlocked you can't simply overclock to meet that extra bump in speed where as the 3570k has more cache and can be OCed even further than stock which is higher than the rest of the i5s.
So even though yes, he will be using a dedicated card, the CPU itself (as in the physical CPU cores) are slower regardless of whether it has the HD3000 or HD4000.

Access to my Plex PM me.
PP Mguire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 04:47 AM   #23 (permalink)
Just Epic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by av3lard View Post

Ah, sorry. What I meant was, basically what PP said. The CPu's with better IG are better in other aspects as well. So choosing a CPU by IG Is pointless you Have to look at the other aspects of it, I wasnt trying to say that because it has better IG it's better,rather the ones with better IG are the ones that perform better as well.
Mischa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 05:15 AM   #24 (permalink)
Newb Techie

For $1400 You should be putting nothing but the best in your shopping cart.

i7 Ivy Bridge CPU
GTX 680 or 670 Video Card
etc....
jasonelmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 05:43 AM   #25 (permalink)
Just Epic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonelmore View Post
For $1400 You should be putting nothing but the best in your shopping cart.

i7 Ivy Bridge CPU
GTX 680 or 670 Video Card
etc....
Troll post.
Old 06-01-2012, 08:44 AM   #26 (permalink)
Newb Techie

i7 Ivy Bridge CPU
Asus motherboard with Lucid MVP
Watercooled (yeah that's right)
GTX 670 Video card
$1319 Shipped

$1419 if you want GTX 680 instead of 670

I can email you the cart if interested.

Watercooled Ivy Bridge build with GTX 670 under budget. $1319 (i'm not even counting rebates)

Old 06-01-2012, 10:50 AM   #27 (permalink)
ninja troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mischa View Post
Troll post.
that is an insult to real trolls. high quality trolls. trolls that you never knew were trolling.
1Tb Samsung Spinpoint F3
1Tb WD Caviar Green
2Tb WD Caviar Green
8gb DDR3 Corsair Vengeance 1600
Sapphire Radeon 6870

jasonalwaysready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 06:52 PM   #28 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonalwaysready View Post
that is an insult to real trolls. high quality trolls. trolls that you never knew were trolling.
i think he just wanted me to put in effort to prove i wasnt trolling, ie: trolling
Old 06-03-2012, 01:06 PM   #29 (permalink)
Just Epic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonelmore View Post
i think he just wanted me to put in effort to prove i wasnt trolling, ie: trolling
correct, good job on the build you posted though.

Although you could argue there is no point in the i7, in which case he could get the i5 and the better graphics card. Plus the op wanted an SSD as his main drive.
Old 06-08-2012, 06:15 PM   #30 (permalink)
True Techie

OK thanks for all your help, I read everyones posts. My last comp build was like 2005 or so, so Im way behind the learning here to build a new comp. So far Im prettey much set on , CPU: Intel i5-3570K, GPU: EVGA GTX670. I will have money in a month or less to build what I want. I would like to stay under $1400. My real grey spot is the Mother board and Power Supply. Im thinking I want the Intel Z77 chipset for the ivy Bridge. I dont plan on overclocking, I never have done that, dont really know enough about it, I figure with my build I shouldnt need to. I like Asus and Gigabyte boards, but dont really se the need to spend more that say $150? Thinking about the Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H. Any suggestions there would help, Power suppply Im thinking I need 750 watts??? Looking at Corsair CMPSU-750HX.

Runfox is offline   Reply With Quote