Building a Gaming System to Sell!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I was thinking about that, how a high-end system would not sell that easy at all, seeing as most people that buy computers for that much know what they're buying.

I'm selling them on an auction site in New Zealand, like eBay, but the same format and such. I listed three different machines, all have 3000+, 1gb RAM, 80gb hard drives, and their video cards differ between a X1600XT, 6600GT, and a 6600. I think I might see if I can target the mid-range market, seeing as higher end would be harder to sell.

I got a challenge from a friend to see if I could build a computer for $600 including screen and periphirals. I definetely couldn't do that brand new, so I'm looking around. He just bought a 17" CRT for $2 off that auction site, and it runs perfect. Dunno how good it is for games.

Going a bit off topic, but, fanless PSU cheap? And, can you get fanless heatsinks? Trying to see if I can make a completely silent PC. Also, does a hard drive make much noise by itself? I know a CD drive makes quite a bit, but you can't really stop that, unless you spend the cash.

Got some ideas for the case too. Might spray paint it matte black, and I might see if I can make a side window.

I actually tried what your doing. I tried to sell my PC on ebay but didn't work. I then advertised everywhere but still no luck. I just ended up keeping it.

:)

im here to brighten up everybodys day with some humor

ps. i do not fully recommend you sell marijuanna because that could end you in jail with less money then you started with :( sad world

tehdigit said:
:)

im here to brighten up everybodys day with some humor

ps. i do not fully recommend you sell marijuanna because that could end you in jail with less money then you started with :( sad world

Its called risk vs Reward *****!

If the reward is bigger then the risk, SELL THAT WEED

If the risk is bigger then the reward,SMOKE THAT WEED

Thats what I think :)

Daymn, sorry dude but I oughta vote for "Sell weed", you'll get more profit that way, even if you get in jail for selling weed, you'll still earn more money from that deal lol...

I see no point in selling a high end computer.... I have no reason to state further reasons because they've just... all been stated, smart people will do it themselves, stupid people will just go for the cheaper rigs that has bigger numbers in their specs

heres an idea, if you were to build a pc to sell, do it totally unique, amd put it on ebya, like get the asus ferrair monitor, the red vento case, andf sloap a ferrari sticker over the badge or sumink, some snaz black speakers, and i dunno if theres a red keyboard, but ya could just a normall one a paint it, that would look pretty cool, and rich middle aged ferrai fans may pay a fair bit for it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom