Building a Gaming System to Sell!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyrax

Daemon Poster
I'm looking to build a gaming system to sell for a little bit of a profit. Here's what I'm looking at building, please comment on what you think is good, or what I should change, etc.

Thermaltake Soprano VB1000BWS ATX Full Tower Case, 430W ATX PSU, Side Window, Front USB, Black $208.99

MSI K8N Neo4-F Motherboard, Socket 939, 4xDIMM, DDR, PCIe-16, 4xPCI, 1xPCIe-1, 10xUSB2, Audio, ATA, SATA, RAID, ATX $153.92

AMD Athlon 64 3200+ CPU, 2.0GHz, Socket 939, 32/64-Bit, ATX, Retail pack with fan $284.64

Western Digital Caviar WD1200BB Hard Disk Drive, 120GB, 7200rpm, 2048KB Cache, ATA-6/100 $136.02

LiteOn SOHC 5236K CD Writer, 52R/52W/32RW, 16X DVD, Internal, IDE, Black $68.87

OCZ Dual Channel Memory Kit, 2x512MB, DDR-SDRAM, DIMM, DDR400 $206.81

XFX PV-T71G-UDER Extreme Edition Video Card, GeForce 7900 GT, 256MB, DDR3, PCIe-16, TV out, DVI, HDTV, SLI ready $627.48

Microsoft Multimedia Desktop Keyboard & Mouse, PS/2, Black $60.01

Viewsonic VX724 Monitor, 17" LCD, 1280x1024, DVI, Silver/Black $543.25

Microsoft Windows XP Home with SP2 for x86 (32-bit) systems, OEM $176.70

Total = $2,417.36

Please note that all the prices are in NZD, so don't freak out.

Now, just a couple questions about this system:

1. Do you think it would be able to play all of the games that are out today on high settings? If not, what settings would it be able to handle. Just in general.

2. Are the front connectors for that case long? Because in the rig I just built, the front connector cable for all the USB ports and sound and such are too short, and therefore I can't use them. So, do you think the front cable could reach to the ports on the motherboard?

3. What do you think I should charge for building this system?

Cheers!

:)

how you gonna sell it, (ebay wont work), if ya gonna go amd, why not stick in a am2, same price i think?

you won't be able to sell it for a profit to anyone who knows about computers, not with the new processors/sockets out now and in the next few weeks.

MrCoffee said:
you won't be able to sell it for a profit to anyone who knows about computers, not with the new processors/sockets out now and in the next few weeks.

exactly, people that know about PCs will know how much the stuff cost, how much your charging to build, and could build it themselves anyways,

people that dont tknow about PCs will think waaa, only a 2ghz proc, only 120gb ram,

thereor i think the only market is morons, so i would use a 250 gb, a dual core intel, value ram, and 2gb.

it wont be as good of course but your more liely to sell (imo)

Most PC ignorant people want more ROM, don't know much about RAM, and think that bigger numbers are better on everything. Silly people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom