Building a Gaming Rig with $700 Budget

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you switch and already have xp OS installed, it's gonna cause problems because of the lack of the SATA drivers. In WinXP it wont recognize the HDD in AHCI mode without the SATA drivers. You can slipstream them to a new copy of XP with NLite and reinstall XP on the HDD in AHCI.

Hi guys, I think I've done a stupid out of lack of experience hehe...

I've been following this thread and watching what was being built because I desired the exact same thing with the same budget. However when I got it and built it, it wont start. Pressing the power button has no effect at all and the stupid thing I think I did was updgrade the video card (went with XFX HD 4890) on the build originally suggested by Apokalipse, but then I didn't updgrade the PSU.

"What do you need it to include? monitor, keyboard, mouse? or just the tower and everything in it?

*edit*
Gigabyte MA790X-UD4P + 4GB DDR2-1066
Phenom II 955
XFX 4870 1GB
PCP&C 420W
Seagate 500GB 7200.12

that comes to under $600. It doesn't include a case."

Is it likely that the PSU I have now is insufficient for what I built? and if so, should I return mine for one like what faideelah went with (550w Corsair)? sorry for bringing a fairly old somewhat dead thread back I just had too much to quote from in this thread to warrant creating a new one.

did you double check all your connections? when i added my heatsink in i didnt realize i unplugged the main connector to the motherboard and the computer didnt turn on at all. so be sure to check your connectors, and i dont know if this is your first computer you built but did you install the spacers under the motherboard? I made a NOOB mistake and didnt do that and fried my first motherboard (luckily it was replaced for free hehe)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom