Building a Gaming PC and want some advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe it though, he wants to Sli 2 7800's and have a 3800+ but he wants to be cheap when it comes to power supply.

(sighs)

Yea, but is we had a "God" for every hardware component, then no system would ever be under $2000 around here...

Flanker said:
Yea, but is we had a "God" for every hardware component, then no system would ever be under $2000 around here...

Its not like I can't build a cheaper machines. Its just I know the importantance (spelled wrong) of a good Power supply. before I knew anything I bought an X-connect and I paid for it dearly.

But its not my computer. w/e

He'll learn the hard way sooner or later.

well I guess you guys do have a point, I just want to try to get the same quality with spending the least amount of money.

Plus spending that much on video cards was one of my top priorities (forgive my spelling)

For an extra $100 you could get dual 7800GTX's you know. Or just go with one 7800GTX because that is plenty.

You spelled priorities right, don't worry ;)

Go with one 7800GT, or 7800GTX, but its the same, both can max out any game out there.

Two is useless/illogical.

Flanker2 said:
You spelled priorities right, don't worry ;)

Go with one 7800GT, or 7800GTX, but its the same, both can max out any game out there.

Two is useless/illogical.
I don't know, I think I read that FEAR is only able to be played TOTALLY maxed out with SLI GTX's. With one you will want to turn off soft shadows, according to gamespot anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom