Building a Gaming PC for GF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, got something together for ya. Keep in mind it can be tweaked.

Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!
Newegg.com - G.SKILL PI Black 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory
Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar Black WD1001FALS 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drives - Internal Hard Drives
Newegg.com - XFX GX260NADFF GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 896MB 448-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards
Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply - Power Supplies
Newegg.com - Antec Three Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases
Newegg.com - SAMSUNG Black 22X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 16X DVD+R DL 22X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA 22X DVD Burner - CD / DVD Burners
Newegg.com - Acer X223Wbd Black 22" 5ms Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 2500:1 - LCD Monitors

Total comes to $950.96 after shipping, then you get 60 bucks back in MIRs.

Now this has a bit of wiggle room obviously.

The RAM I picked is some of the best stuff, but it's omre useful in overclocking. So if you don't think she's going to overclock much, you can get a good kit of RAM for about 10 bucks cheaper.

I picked a 1tb HDD for obvious reasons, and it easily fits in budget. But you can tweak that too, they have a 750gb and a 640gb model if you don't think she needs that much space.

The monitor there is a 22", and has a 1680x1050 resolution, which with the games she plays, she should easily be able to get good FPS with the GPU I picked out.

Now the case is where we have a lot of wiggle room. I just picked out a good solid case that had free shipping. But there's still room in the budget for more, if you wanted something nicer.

She won't be overclocking. The PSU that comes in the combo with the case, do you think that would be sufficient power. (Its 500W). I planned on using her old dvd drive and monitor. Ill ask her if she wants a TB of memory. I don't think she'll need it at all. But I do like the build. It looks nice.

Would this work as a harddrive?
Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives

Or even this?
Newegg.com - Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 ST3320613AS 320GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives

Well, the minimum requirement for the GPU is 630w...I wouldn't chance it with a 500w.

You can get this RAM if she's not going to overclock: Newegg.com - G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

You can take out the DVD drive and such, but in the budget, you can upgrade her to a better monitor, so that's why I threw it in there.

These are all the WD Black drives:

Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

At least get the 640gb, it's the same cost as the 500gb right now.

It would actually be a lot cheaper to go with the second kit of RAM I mentioned plus the 650w Corsair. It will save you 35 bucks.

Newegg.com - G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory
Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply - Power Supplies

Those games should run fine.

There's really no need to get the PI Blacks unless you're overclocking, so you might as well save the money.

The PQ's are not bad overclockers themselves, were highly rec for a long time around the wolfdale releases. And yes fallout with run fine with a gtx260.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom