Building Gaming PC - $500 Budget

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sport1031

Daemon Poster
I am building a gaming PC for a friend. I need video card, motherboard, processor, and RAM. I am trying to keep it under $500. I already have speakers, monitor, keyboard, monitor, case, PSU, hard drive, and optical drives.

(All prices include shipping.)

I was thinking along these lines:
CORSAIR ValueSelect 1GB (2 x 512MB) DDR 400 (PC 3200) - $80
AMD Athlon 64 3200+ 939 Venice - $152
eVGA nVidia Geforce 6600GT PCI-E - $158
MSI K8N Neo4-F nForce4 - $87

Total = $477 Shipped

Any feedback is appreciated. Is there anything I should change?

get rosewill ram! only 76 after shipping...
Get the 3000+! Only 139...
Get the XFX for like 130 after rebates and shipping!
Get the Foxconn NF4K8AC-RS-1.0! It's only 70 after shipping.

Pocket the rest.

But seriously, if you're looking to build a quality computer, you picked some very good parts. I envy your video card as I sit here with my poopy x700.

Ryan

the corsair ram is better...the 3200+ is only $13 more..MSI NEO4-F motherboard. You didn't mention that you had a Hard Drive and you're not buying one? or just a typo?

FghtinIrshNvrDi said:
Get the XFX for like 130 after rebates and shipping!

Dude, you cant cheap out when buying comp parts.. spend the extra 20 bucks.. its worth it.. XFX cards suck.

Anyway, seems like very good parts with the budget your working with :D:D He should be pleased.. if not, kick his shin :D

mtb2005 said:
You didn't mention that you had a Hard Drive and you're not buying one? or just a typo?

Yeah I have one already. I edited my first post.

Also, I decided to get the MSI K8N NEO4-f. It is a little cheaper and looks cooler. Also, the RAM slots are setup better for dual channel. Other than that they are basically identical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom