Building A Gaming PC

Btw, the video card i chose is good too?
The parts i linked above are compatible between them?
It's been years i have this lame PC, spending some bucks now won't be a problem, budget was to say the price i expected it to be max.
Also, can we have a talk? I got a list of questions D:

Yes the parts are compatible but a few things. Since your budget is low there is no need in having a quad core for gaming, that video card is absolute crap, and you don't need RAM faster than 1600mhz. That being said, with those 3 things you would need a new PSU and case to go with them so the most budget conscious thing to do would be to simply buy the parts I listed because it will give you the performance gain you are looking for.

As i said in my previous post, i said my budget according to what i THOUGHT it'd be max;
I'd appreciate if you could list a few things :
What are the things i have to see in a video card before getting it?
I'm not going to buy pieces on my own since i'm not 18 yet and i don't have money :v
My father is gonna buy them that's why i try to stay under 500~
Max he can AFFORD is 550 at most;
I have a 136 HDD and i don't really use much space, just a few games and stuff, should i buy a new one?
The video card you listed imo is better than what i'm searching for;
Once bought them i'd need another year to rebuy/buy some more parts so i'm thinking twice before even thinking to get them D:
What Processor do you recommend?
What Case do you recommend?
Thanks for your answers~

Last edited:
And as I stated before, your budget really isn't high enough to grant a full system overhaul while maintaining performance figures that are actually decent and worth the money and effort. That's been my point all along. Try to remember as my article stated, the brute force in gaming is the GPU. At your budget the best option is to upgrade the GPU which is why I've been insisting on it.

Things to look for in GPU are performance figures in your budget. The model and amount of VRAM aren't too much of a concern. Don't be tricked into thinking a card is good because it has 4GB of RAM or anything like that. Little hint, anything under the *50 cards in the Nvidia side of things is just junk and not worth the time.

Maybe I don't understand, but I don't see how you buying pieces is relevant if he is anyways. What's the difference to him? An upgrade is an upgrade. If he wants to buy you a new computer then let him, just make sure to get something decent and capable of what you want to do with the computer.

With your budget, no your HDD is fine.
Buying better than what you need in your budget range is essentially what you want. For instance the PSU I listed can be used in many future builds as decent video card power demands are lowering every year.

I recommend anything Intel and dual core based on the 1155 socket. Cheapest solution.
Any case that is ATX and cheap. Just don't forget, a new case and computer means you need a new PSU. If you buy anymore than 3GB of RAM you will need an OS which will cost around 80€ which is about 1/5th your budget alone.

That CPU wont work in your motherboard.
No, by OS I mean Operation System. Windows. Your 32bit OS wont utilize anything over 3GB of RAM.

Edit: You also have to get DDR2, because that is what your system uses.

With that Processor ima buy a mobo too.
Stupid question : Changing Windows doesn't change or changes the 32bit thingy? If no, how can i change that?

Well since you want to buy all that you'll need DDR3 instead. I'll try to find the cheapest possible while still being good. That site doesn't have much to chose from.

The CPU you had chosen is very good.
Offerta, Vendita CPU Intel Core i3-3240 Dual-Core 3.40GHz Socket 1155 3MB Ivy Bridge 55W con GPU HD2500 Boxed - BX80637I33240

This motherboard.
Offerta, Vendita Scheda Madre AsRock B75M-GL Socket 1155 Intel B75 DDR3 SATA3 USB3 VGA DVI MicroATX - B75M-GL

This RAM.
Offerta, Vendita RAM DDR3 Corsair XMS3 CMX8GX3M2A1600C9 1600MHz 8GB (2X4GB) CL9 - CMX8GX3M2A1600C9

Or this RAM to be a bit cheaper. Even though, it doesn't make that much of a difference.
Offerta, Vendita .RAM DDR3 G.Skill Ripjaws-X F3-12800CL9D-4GBXL 1600MHz 4GB (2x2GB) CL9 9-9-9-24 1.5V - .F3-12800CL9D-4GBXL

You will need a 64bit operating system to address more than 3GB of RAM. Each version of Windows XP and up has its own 32bit and 64bit variant. Since only Windows 7 is being sold (you don't want 8) then this is what you will need to run this hardware.

Offerta, Vendita Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit Service Pack 1 IT OEM DVD - GFC-02058

All of this combined with the new video card and PSU will make for a very awesome machine. If you can't afford the latter, then just go with the PSU and video card.

Sounds awesome!
I'll have to wait some days for him to buy them but i'll get them all hopefully :D
Thanks for all your help.

Back
Top Bottom