Building a gaming pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikemike12

Beta member
Hey guys, its as basic as the question asks, i wanna build a very good gaming pc for as little cost as possible. I never intended to build a pc, in fact i was ready to buy a quad core amd phenom something or other but was stopped at the last second and told that building one is much cheaper. In british money, i have around £700, but really i only want to spend around £600, however, will spent £700 at a push. That in dollers is around 900-1100 dollers. Now, the person who told me to build one gave me a list of items, he says that the build is so good, itll last me 4 years easy, by that i think he means that i wont upgrade parts for that long. Ive checked the build to make sure it works, and lord and behold it does, but i reckon there must be a better build out there somewhere for around the same price. A few little details off which i was told to get a which on a website i use, the recommended graphics card required to play badlands 2 and crysis is a 6, this graphics card is a 10its a Newegg.com - XFX HD-687A-ZNFC Radeon HD 6870 1GB 256-bit DDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity
Processor is a little worse off, but its ranked 6, one required to play badlands is 5 its a Newegg.com - AMD Phenom II X4 970 Black Edition Deneb 3.5GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Desktop Processor HDZ970FBGMBOX

So yeah, im new to all this, ive never built a computer before, if anyone can create a great build for this price, youll be a friend for life, thanks

I'm honestly not exactly sure what you're saying, but that graphics card and that processor get an A+ in my book. I would put those in a build without any question if you're trying to stay within that budget of yours. Just out of curiosity do you need a monitor or Operating System?

CPU- AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor HDZ965FBGMBOX

CPU Heatsink- CORSAIR CAFA70 120mm Dual-Fan CPU Cooler

RAM- G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL

Graphics Card- XFX HD-687A-ZNFC Radeon HD 6870 1GB 256-bit DDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity

Motherboard
- ASUS M4A89TD PRO/USB3 AM3 AMD 890FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard

HDD- Western Digital Caviar Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

Power Supply- COOLER MASTER GX Series RS750-ACAAE3-US 750W ATX12V v2.31 SLI Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply

Case- Antec Dark Fleet DF-30 Black ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

Disc Drive- ASUS DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS Black SATA 24X DVD Burner - Bulk - OEM

Search these parts on newegg and there's your PC.

It depends on what you're doing with the PC but for most people, gaming and everyday use, you don't need 8GB. I would get 4GB and get another 4GB later on if need it.

It depends on what you're doing with the PC but for most people, gaming and everyday use, you don't need 8GB. I would get 4GB and get another 4GB later on if need it.

That's very true. It could save you around $50-60, so get the 4GB set (2x2GB) if you don't think you'll need it. But... quite honestly having 8GB over 4GB made a difference in my performance, but that was because I was maxing Crysis out at 1200x1920 res. 4GB wouldn't do it, so yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom