Building a Gaming PC - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 06:49 AM   #11 (permalink)
Master Techie

Default Re: Building a Gaming PC

i know you're probably over budget already, but for an extra $55 you could do this:

Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

I usually don't recommend buying the xxx version of the 5850 because you'd be paying more for something you could do yourself (slight OC), but with the combo it comes out to about the same price, or $5 cheaper in fact! And its also xfx, which has the double life-time warranty.

edit: you also save $9 in shipping, so this would only cost you $46 extra! Also, i may have been an idiot in calling it the "xxx" version, because i believe they just call it the "black edition". But i'm leaving it anyways....

Old 02-20-2010, 08:52 PM   #12 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Default Re: Building a Gaming PC

Also Samsung Spinpoint F3 > Western Digital Caviar Black

If you want a faster HDD, go with the Samsung Spinpoint F3.
Yes, Newegg is sold out.
Learn to order from other stores.
It's not hard.

Closed Thread