Building Gaming Desktop | 1st Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

AntoRF

Solid State Member
Hello Forum

I am looking forward to build a good gaming pc that could handle the games to be released ( battlefiled 3 etc). Would like it to allow me to play those games in an high quality resolution.

I have been searching and reading and i have came up with this built:

CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K - Czech Computer | czc.cz + CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ - Czech Computer | czc.cz
MB: Asus P8P67 PRO (rev 3.1) - Intel P67 - Czech Computer | czc.cz
GPU: GIGABYTE GTX 570 Super Overclock (GV-N570SO-13I) 1280MB, PCI - Czech Computer | czc.cz
RAM: Corsair XMS3 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600 (CMX8GX3M2A1600C9) - Czech Computer | czc.cz
HDD: WD Caviar Black - 1TB - Czech Computer | czc.cz
PSU: Corsair Professional Series HX650 650W - Czech Computer | czc.cz
Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster BX2231 - LCD monitor 22" - Czech Computer | czc.cz
Case: Czech Computer | czc.czo not need OS, Keyboard, mouse , burners or speakers.

My budget goes around 1350$
What in czech crowns is 24 420 czk

The built i mentioned costs 27 874czk . That's 200$ over the budget :S

I would like you to help me with compatibility suggestions and possible downgrading options with slightly performance losses.

Thank you

Grab a standard Asus P8P67, probably won't notice much difference from the Pro version unless you are using 2x GPUs.
If the REV 3.0 is cheaper than 3.1 go for it, only difference is the USB 3.0 manufacturer.

Grab the Corsair TX650M, its semi-modular instead of full modular. Most/all of the cables hard-wired to it will be used anyway.

I would take an MSI Twin Frozr or EVGA Superclocked over the Gigabyte, and both are less expensive.

Just helped another Czech with a build around the same budget, the thread is kind of long but might give you some ideas:
http://www.techist.com/forums/f76/whole-new-pc-games-please-help-me-choose-248648/

thank you

i already took some ideas from that post, but his budget is a bit higher than mine.

I want to overclock both CPU and GPU, do you think the cooling i mentioned is enough ?

The i5 2500k can get to 3.7-4.0GHz on it's stock cooler, and around 4.5GHz on the CM Hyper 212+.

For GPU overclocking it depends a lot on the air-flow in your case since all the hot air will be exhausted into the case.
The link after "Case:" just leads to the homepage of that retailer, so I can't say how well you're case will do if I don't know what it is.

Since you are overclocking the GPU anyway there isn't much point in getting one that comes factory clocked so high when others are cheaper.
GIGABYTE GTX 570 OC (GV-N570OC-13I) 1280MB, PCI-E - Czech Computer | czc.cz
MSI N570GTX Twin Frozr III Power Edition 1280MB, PCI-E + ZDARMA Bundle - kupon Mafia 2 - Czech Computer | czc.cz

Sorry for the late anwser, had an exam today that completely kept me away from the computer.

The case im thinking of buying is the CoolerMaster 922 HAF.

The HAF 922 is a great case for cooling. I would suggest getting some more fans for the side panel over the GPU.
It has room for 2x 120mm fans, but I'm not sure if the top spot will be blocked by the CPU cooler.

I would buy 2 fans and you can do a number of things with them:
2 on the side panel; 1 on side panel 1 on bottom; 2 on top and move 200mm on top to the side.

First one is cheaper, second one has red LEDs and a little more air-flow. Either will work.
Airen RedWings120 - Czech Computer | czc.cz
CoolerMaster SickleFlow, 120mm, Red LED - Czech Computer | czc.cz

For RAM I would get the Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600 (CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9) - Czech Computer | czc.cz
Its 12 Kč more but you want 1.5v RAM, not 1.65v.

As I posted before the cooler that comes with the 2500k is enough for you to get a stable overclock around 3.7-4.0GHz.
If you want to go higher than that then you want an aftermarket cooler, water cooling is an option depending on how high you want to go.

How much do you want to spend on the keyboard? I am assuming not much considering you're already $200 over budget.

lets say 170 $ on the cooler and keyboard.

I ve been looking at the h70, what do u think ?

noob question: Can i install the h70 fans pushing the air from the inside to the outside, both
on the same direction? without affecting the radiator temps

I like the Corsair Hydro coolers personally.
I would actually go with the H60 and save 660 Kč. It only comes with 1 fan, but you can use one of the Airen Rewings 120mm and set it up like the H70.
You can still get to 4.7-5.0GHz with the H60: 5.1 Ghz i5 2500K using H60 With Temps! with bios settings! *updated*

It is actually best to have the fans blowing in the same direction, one "pushing" air from inside the case through the radiator and the other "pulling" air through the radiator and out the back of the case.

For a keyboard I like the Logitech G110, that plus the Corsair H60 is $154 USD on Newegg.
Not sure of the conversion rate, but it looks like 3,496 Kč from CZC.
Corsair Hydro Series H60 - Czech Computer | czc.cz
Logitech G110 Gaming Keyboard, CZ - Czech Computer | czc.cz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom