Building a Gaming computer.... Need advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noniy

In Runtime
I dont quite have everything for my computer listed out that i need, so i please feel free to recomend the parts im not sure what to get for. I have a few questions once i tell you my build that i have so far. This is my 1st time building a computer that is why i am not sure on so many things.

Processor: Intel Core 2 quad Q6700 2.66GHz

CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Blue orb 2 socket 775

Motherboard: EVGA Nforce 780i SLI

Memory: OCZ SLI-Ready Dual Channel DDR2 800MHz (getting 8GB total)

Graphics Card: EVGA Geforce 9800 GX2 1GB

External Hard drive: Fantom Titanium - II 750GB 7200RPM 3.5"

Internal Hard Drive: Raptor X 150GB 10000RPM 3.5"

Optical Drive: (not sure which to get, but need a super drive)

Sound Card: Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro

Power Supply: OCZ 1010 Watt

Case: (not sure which to get, but need Gaming case compatible with 780i Motherboard and has 5+ cooling fan ports)

Liquid Cooling: (not sure what kit to get)

Questions:

1)Is everything i have so far compatible with each other?
2)What Optical drive (super drive) should i get?
3)What Gaming case should i get that is compatible with my motherboard and had 5+ fan Ports?
4) What Liquid Cooling kit should i get? If i should by separate parts for high quality, which parts should i get?
5) Will i need a CPU cooler if im getting liquid cooling?

When answering question 2-4, please provide where to buy them from.
Please answer these question to the best of your abilities.

Thank you.
Noniy :)

you won't need a 1000 watt psu. Kick the raptor out and pick up a seagate 7200.11, 640 or 750gb Western Digital.
Pick these up
Newegg.com - Crucial Ballistix Tracer 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory
Grab a thermalright or Xigmatek cooler for your quad. Also you can grab a Q6600 instead w/ the lower multiplier. As far as gaming case goes it depends if you want something clean and elegant like Lian Li or something like Coolermaster Cosmos.

give me a budget, EXACTLY the parts you need such as a monitor and etc. Also list the size hard drive of hard drive you need.

I will then see what i can do

My Budget is approx $5000.00 including monitor,speakers,etc.

my speakers,monitor,mouse,and keyboard have already been decided

thats ridiculous....are you that loaded or don't you just know how good of a computer you can get for 2k....

you won't need a 1000 watt psu. Kick the raptor out and pick up a seagate 7200.11, 640 or 750gb Western Digital.
Pick these up
Newegg.com - Crucial Ballistix Tracer 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory
Grab a thermalright or Xigmatek cooler for your quad. Also you can grab a Q6600 instead w/ the lower multiplier. As far as gaming case goes it depends if you want something clean and elegant like Lian Li or something like Coolermaster Cosmos.

Ok, for the case i am looking more toward cooler master, with several fans, i have browsed through a few cant quite find the right one though.

thats ridiculous....are you that loaded or don't you just know how good of a computer you can get for 2k....

Well i am planning to build a high end professional gaming pc, which costs quite a bit of money which i am willing to pay.

If that's all you will be playing at then you really don't need to spend that much at all however i will point you in the right direction to building a top tier computer (more than you need basically) however i will not just throw the most expensive stuff together and go quad sli becuase it's not worth it.

If you really want to start with good good gaming performance then here is what i would recommend without going overboard.

Mobo:Newegg.com - EVGA 132-CK-NF78-A1 LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 780i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards
or Newegg.com - MSI P7N SLI Platinum LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 750i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards
The 780i just has an extra PCI-E slot which really isn't needed honestly...they overclock the same.

CPU:Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 Kentsfield 2.66GHz 2 x 4MB L2 Cache LGA 775 95W Quad-Core Processor - CPUs / Processors
GPU(s):2X Newegg.com - MSI NX8800GTS 512M OC GeForce 8800GTS (G92) 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards
RAM:Newegg.com - OCZ Reaper HPC Edition 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory
PSU:Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply 100 - 240 V UL, CE, CB, TUV, FCC, CCC - Power Supplies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom