Building a gaming computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottj017

Solid State Member
As the topic title states, I'd like to build a gaming PC, but I'm not exactly a computer genius. So here's me asking for help. Here are somethings you should know:

- I am on a $1300 budget. Does not include tax/shipping

- I multi-task often. I like to play games, listen to music, and chat on AIM at the same time, so RAM should be placed accordingly.

- I prefer Nvidia to ATi due to the SLI support, though I don't plan on purchasing 2 video cards right off the bat.

- Ability to burn DVD/CDs is a must. I also want my new computer to have lightscribe capabilities.

- Don't need a fancy soundcard, and I already have a decent pair of speakers.

- I'd like to explore OC'ing a little, but I don't plan on pushing my PC too far.

- Upgrade-ability is big. I Don't need an excessive amount of RAM to begin with, but it'd be nice to have the option to get more. PCI-E is a must.

- I'm undecided with what brand of processor to go with, so go wild!

EDIT: Forgot to mention I play World of Warcraft alot. Don't know if this makes a difference!

Thanks for reading :D Any help/suggestions is greatly appreciated!

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

you cant link your shopping cart, it just shows the user's shopping cart which for me is a monitor :p

Well, i would go, wit a 6600gt vid card, plenty for now, always upgradeable with sli, i would go 3500+ for core(dont know price havent checked lately) ram, you could get some geil value ram for 80 bucks...mobo, a mid range sli would be good, there is always the the DFI nf4 mobo, which can be modded to support sli, as it has two pci-e card slots, and may i recommend a Lian Li case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom