Building a Gaming Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its not UP in any games save Crysis 1920x1200 and above. For that, my gtx 285 barely maxes with no AA, at least at fps acceptable to me.

GTX260 underpowered?

you guys can't be serious? Just because it's the bottom rung of the GTX2xx series ladder doesn't mean it's slow.

I myself love the GTX260 (at least the 216 core)

this one keeps up with the "mighty" GTX280 just fine, and really is a nice overclocker even with then already high factory clocks
Newegg.com - XFX GX260NADBF GeForce GTX 260 Black Edition Core 216 896MB 448-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

and then of course the reference card for only $180
Newegg.com - XFX GX260XADJF GeForce GTX 260 Core Edition Core 216 896MB 448-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

yes I do prefer xfx b/c of their double lifetime warranty but evga,msi,asus etc etc are all good companies

Okay, well I see no real reason to change video cards, though I might look into it, However, for the rest of that stuff, it seems thats okay then? I mean, of course I will change motherboards, but the rest is alright?
I'm not really looking to blast absolutely everything out of the water, and to be honest I have no interest in trying to play crysis, let alone max it. So, I guess I'll just go ahead and grab this stuff then, I gotta wait until Wednesday or Thursday though, so feel free to say stuff until then :D.

edit- IF i got the 280 or something a bit more powerful than the 260, then what kind of PSU should I look at?

Okay, well I see no real reason to change video cards, though I might look into it, However, for the rest of that stuff, it seems thats okay then? I mean, of course I will change motherboards, but the rest is alright?
I'm not really looking to blast absolutely everything out of the water, and to be honest I have no interest in trying to play crysis, let alone max it. So, I guess I'll just go ahead and grab this stuff then, I gotta wait until Wednesday or Thursday though, so feel free to say stuff until then :D.

edit- IF i got the 280 or something a bit more powerful than the 260, then what kind of PSU should I look at?

Your fine, dont worry, change the mobo for an X58 (Like the normal Asus P6T) and every other choice you made is a good one. The GTX260 is a powerful card. I grabbed two just to be greedy.

Good choice on PSU, RAM etc..... Go get the PC now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom