Building a Gaming Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skemp

Solid State Member
I've been planning on buying a comp for awhile now
and i finally have the Money so i am.

Yeah so i've been looking around and I see a few others posting tread just like this. So, instead of flaming their threads i decided to make one.

Ok so i was wondering if anyone could help my out with recommended builds, parts, etc. trying to be as specific as possible.

i have about $1200 so try and keep around that price if you can.

Also, my friend told that physically building a computer was A LOT harder then it looks. He said that you had to solder stuff and what not.
Is this true? I always thought everything just click clicked together...

Thanks!

Your friend.... Uh. (Darn forum rules) Anyways your friend is so wrong I had to refrain from using certain phrases to describe him.

Unless you modify Parts for overclocking or Build the case from scratch, there is no Soddering...

What parts do you want to reuse if Any?
Ill just do a Quick Non Link Build
E6400 - $218 ish
Gigabyte DS3 Board - $135 ish
2 GB Low Latency RAM, Mmm probably OCZ - $280+ ish
250/320GB SATA HD w/16 MB Cache - $100 ish
Samsung/optorite/Plextor DVD/CD Burner (/ indicates or) - $50+ ish
TT Big Typhoon or Zalman 9700 or XP-120 w/ artic Silver 5 - $50 ish
A reliable < 600 Watt PSU (Enermax Antec Hiper Type R SilverStone Seasonic, etc.) - 100 ish
Sound card (A cheap but still good is audigy 2 ZS) - <$70 ish
ATI x1900xt/Nvidia 7950GT (Or whatever, I don't really know all the video card Models) - $280ish
Some NIce Big case. - $80+ ish

Course this is just an outline, it sitll needs alot of tweaking depending on EXACT prices and parts youll be using. If youll Notice I didn't Include, Moniter, speakers, Mouse, Keyboard or any other addon.

Thanks for the outline Ste

RalliArt882 said:
Also what kind of games are you looking into? The Source games, or a Crysis ready machine lol?
Probably like Wow (i know low reqs. but w/e), the Battle Field Series, and Source games.

i have all of it
but if you can fit in a 17" Flat
that'd always be cool.

Well maybe, if you went down to a e6300 cpu, 550w psu instead of 600w. But I still dont know if it will get you there.

Try squezzing a little more juice out of the food budget, lol.

about how much would it cost then..?
Christmas is comin so i think i could round up a few more dollars:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom